Author Topic: Limited Imagination  (Read 3068 times)

ccccpie

Limited Imagination
« on: January 02, 2008, 01:32:14 PM »
As humans, we can only imagine certain things in our limits

How about this: Think of a sense(ie 5 senses) that doesn't already exist.

If you lived in a society where everyone lacked a sense, how would you know?

Meaning, You only had sight, smell, hearing, and taste. How could you imagine that there was the sense "Touch", or "Feeling"?

Think and Discuss.

Offline FreeK

• a-LeeK
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Team CYBER for life
Re: Limited Imagination
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 01:36:15 PM »
yeah that sorta reminded me of one of my away messages:
If a word in the dictionary were misspelled, how would we know?
sorta like this instea though:
If all humans were missing a sense how would we know?

ccccpie

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 01:38:08 PM »
yeah that sorta reminded me of one of my away messages:
If a word in the dictionary were misspelled, how would we know?
sorta like this instea though:
If all humans were missing a sense how would we know?
Yeah exactly. Because the truth is that Our Imagination is not limitless

Offline Kenshinffx

• Le Artiste
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • The Pain matters not, Only the Journey ahead
    • Acidmods
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 01:41:57 PM »
Yeah exactly. Because the truth is that Our Imagination is not limitless

Was the concept of The Matrix,  is the worl donly the way it is because we know that's what it is..  the Tibetan Monks could run 10 to 20 feet up a wall simply cause they were able to and knew they could..  If you drop a can, does it only hit the ground cause you expect it to..  What if you had no doubt that it wouldn't hit the ground..

Offline IndyChav

• Original.
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2008, 01:57:29 PM »
There is more to everything that we dont know about, we are an under developed civilisation.

We only use a low percentage of our minds possibilities it has been proven, for exapmle i beliieve we are all connected in  the way we think, psychologists are a good example by the way they can read and understand things, if we harnass our minds we can expland into unknown possibilities, to the extent of which we should be able to control anything, think of a simple tv remote, it ueses electronic signalsto do normal television function, our brains produce electroinc signals to make our body parts work, if it cna send singals effectively by wires the same way a ps2 controller owrks so to speak, then it could be used to control other things, other peopel, you could take control of someones body functions, you could change molecular properties to hold a can in place as kens example, anythign is possible we just havent harnassed it.

Even if you look at assassins creed the concept is that we can see and know about what our ancestors did, andi believe it is possible, obviously i dont know how, but in that theory you could go backwards t othe very beginning then go forward to anyone on earth today. which means we know and see everything.

Even though these thigns seem completely impossible, theyre not we jsut havent figured them out, if you can have the initial idea you must be able to do something with it, impossiblities are just the beginning.....

ccccpie

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2008, 02:10:37 PM »
God, is it real? if you believe it is what would it look like? A human? The sun? Or something that you cannot imagine

Offline IndyChav

• Original.
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2008, 02:28:46 PM »
God, is it real? if you believe it is what would it look like? A human? The sun? Or something that you cannot imagine

If he doesnt exist then you cant eimagine, you could only imagine a "what if" scenario, and that not un imaginable cos its a perosnla opinion, youre forgetting key factors when you bring up what you believe to be valid points =P

phenomenal

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2008, 02:35:27 PM »
my imagination is unlimited. i think of anything, of whatever i want. sometimes i can think of a tv coming alive then skinning me alive etc

like when i have these ideas for kickass movies like everybody just dissappearing or you wake up with no body and have to find out what happened or you wake up and its the year 3000

ccccpie

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2008, 03:17:38 PM »
my imagination is unlimited. i think of anything, of whatever i want. sometimes i can think of a tv coming alive then skinning me alive etc

like when i have these ideas for kickass movies like everybody just dissappearing or you wake up with no body and have to find out what happened or you wake up and its the year 3000

yes but have you ever imagined something noone has ever thought of before? Imagined something BRAND new noone has ever based an idea off of?

Offline robin1989

• Site Owner - Site Maintenance & development
  • Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2008, 05:49:20 PM »
i believe that our potential is unlimited and that we are beggining to see the begginings of our minds expanding there potential. and i believe that the first new sense we will see and are beggining t odevelop it already is the sense of trust subconciosly noticing minute changes in other peoples breathing, pupil dialation, perspiration, etc all adding up to us been able to tell if someone is truthful or not and this is happening to all of us and improving with each new generation as we become more and mor observant of the world around us and diversify cultures more and more learning new skills, tallents and possibly senses

i am not responsible for what i do or my advice

Get the iPhone 4s from Three using Quidco and recieve £109 cashback

phenomenal

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2008, 03:40:48 AM »
a new sense, physicness, fell physic power

ccccpie

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2008, 12:35:56 PM »
I was thinking about it last night and well i Think it is limitless to an extent.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal