Author Topic: few questions...  (Read 2004 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
few questions...
« on: January 07, 2008, 11:14:09 AM »
ok im gonna help my mate install CF on his slim, so i got a few questions and sorry if it has been answered before:

1. ive seen a few vids on youtube and im kinda wondering do i have to downgrade to 1.50 first then install CF or can i go straight from official firmware to CF?

2. do i HAVE to use the psp phat after i have made the pandora and the magic mem stick? like to put the install files on there or can i use the slim?

3. how to i convert the battery back to normal? put in phat and just connect charger(heard this somewhere)

4. how do you make flash dump of the psp? is it neccesary

all help appreciated

thanks
« Last Edit: January 07, 2008, 11:17:56 AM by Nemesis »

Offline the vipper

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: few questions...
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 12:44:42 PM »
1. no you do not have to go to 1.50 mater of fact if you do youve got a brick you just go straight to 3.71 m33-2 then update it either to -3 or -4 dont matter i always go up and dont skip

2. it dosent matter as long as you have custom firmware enabled
just go here http://www.pspiso.com/showthread.php?t=176212&page=3

3. put your charger in turn it on let it boot up all the way and put your battery in then load up upms press x on battery tool then go down and turn your battery back normal then your done.

4. its called nand dump and you dont need it really but basicly if you want to all you do is press your []= square button to create it and read you screen

it tells you everything you need to do

if you use this one you might have to create your ipl loader again i did before it boots up cause it will stay a black screen (its the first option when you boot it up then go down and do that one and it works for fat and slim and on the fat it went straight to 3.71 m33-2 for me
« Last Edit: January 07, 2008, 12:52:27 PM by the vipper »

Offline Nemesis

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 01:27:10 PM »
thanks  :tup:

Offline the vipper

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2008, 01:40:00 PM »