Author Topic: psp wont turn on - i have tried everything...  (Read 2619 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
psp wont turn on - i have tried everything...
« on: January 07, 2008, 02:36:11 PM »
ok im getting a bit tired of this now, since a few days ago my psp turned on perfectly, left it off with the battery out and went to turn it on the next morning-nothing. i put the power plug and connected it, still wouldnt turn on, i swapped the ribbon with another and have tried three different powerboards with every combination i could think of-nothing still not turning on. i bridged the resistor by putting a big blob of solder on top, still nothing. took out the mobo, connected battery, power and powerboard to the mobo (in no case), again nothing!

when i put the battery in, there is dead silence but when i connect it to the power plug all i hear is high pitched noises around the motherboard area - no where near the powerboard.

please someone help as i feel tired of not being able to solve this problem

all help appreciated, thanks

Offline bormann

• BANNED
  • Bomb Maker
  • Post quality +0/-1
  • i like leds
Re: psp wont turn on - i have tried everything...
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 02:40:09 PM »
uhh not sure but this is kind of like my problem, try to take out the battery with the new power baord in and plug into ac to see if it turns on

Offline Thorax

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 04:37:06 PM »
Is there a short or is one of the silver lines scratched? (I can't remember what they are called lol) Or maybe you have a brick?

Offline anthonyta

• MFH
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2008, 08:42:04 PM »
is it like a screeching noise? ahah do you have wires connected to the 5v and ground? try taking all the extra stuff you did to your psp off and turn it on maybe theres like a short or something. some kinda metal touching eachother   :psp:

Offline Nemesis

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2008, 11:30:11 PM »
is it like a screeching noise? ahah do you have wires connected to the 5v and ground? try taking all the extra stuff you did to your psp off and turn it on maybe theres like a short or something. some kinda metal touching eachother   :psp:

yep it is like that and i do have a wire connected to the 5v point, ill try it later then

Is there a short or is one of the silver lines scratched? (I can't remember what they are called lol) Or maybe you have a brick?

i do have custom firmware but was working flawlessly, and have never bricked unless you can brick your psp without flashing.

btw admins and moderators, i have used search button and have tried everything menotioned in other topics but wasnt successful, so please dont lock

thanks

Offline anthonyta

• MFH
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2008, 03:19:34 PM »
so howd it go? im pretty sure that all you need to do is solder to the 5v and ground a little  bit cleaner. last time this happened to me some solder was connected to the  golden part of the motherboard under the 5v and ground

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal