Author Topic: internal A2DP Bluetooth - possible?  (Read 4427 times)

HowlingBlue

internal A2DP Bluetooth - possible?
« on: January 05, 2008, 02:18:49 PM »
I know there's a tutorial for internal PSP bluetooth before, and a little talk on this, but I'm curious if it's possible.....

I'm actually buying an A2DP-compliant Bluetooth adapter (It's essentially this one:  http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=260126644656&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=016

I would assume it could just be soldered to the inside of the headphone jack, and used with a dummy plug, like the last mod, but I'd like to get y'all's input, since you're much more experienced than I am.... *just took first electrical engineering class last semester*

Thanks for any help!

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
Re: internal A2DP Bluetooth - possible?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 02:28:28 PM »
if you think you can get that thing to fit in there go for it

HowlingBlue

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 02:44:30 PM »
if you think you can get that thing to fit in there go for it

When I receive it, I'm gonna try popping it open and looking at the internals to see if there's even a chance of it fitting.....

now that I think about it, looks like there's a switch, so I'd have to mount that too....

The big caveat is, I don't really want to remove the UMD drive just yet, so it'll be very difficult at best.....

Offline redryno1221

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Redrynotuts
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 06:57:45 PM »
It doesn't seem like it'll fit at all even without the umd drive... unless you cut it half way and solder the connections back together...  :victory:

HowlingBlue

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2008, 08:09:09 AM »
It doesn't seem like it'll fit at all even without the umd drive... unless you cut it half way and solder the connections back together...  :victory:

Yeah, I figured I'd probably have to do that..... The interesting thing is, by looking at it, there's not a battery slot (unless it's on the side facing the PSP, in which case, I can't find a pic), so it might have an internal battery, which I could remove to save some space (assuming the resultant soldering isn't out of my league.)

Still hasn't come in yet...... why must ebay shipping take so long?!?!?! lol....

Offline ProperBritish

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Raining Blood! From A Lacerated Sky!
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2008, 11:02:55 AM »
cos ebay dont ship things

Quote from: ≤Ʀαωгу≥
you know who i would bone? daffy duck

Offline Siggen

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • FileSock.Sourceforge.net
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2008, 01:30:11 AM »
there are smaller similar adapters, not made especially for the psp though. but they would do the same.

Tech Support Crew at The Gathering 08 (worlds second biggest LAN party)

Offline taspankya

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2008, 10:06:54 PM »
i was looking at this one... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290195611393&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:US:1123

if i can fit it in the psp it would be perfect, it charges by the same usb female b thing thats at the top of the psp - I think... and i would have to add a switch to the psp for on/off/paring, to replace the multibutton on the original bluetooth transmitter..

i have a pair of cardo s2 headphones i would love to sync up to the psp.

another good thing that i noticed was this particular transmitter has a '0000' passcode, and so does my cardo headphones, so it should work.. i am seriously thinking about giving this mod a shot.

Offline mav3r1ck

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • snoochy boochy's!
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2008, 04:16:47 PM »
whats the maker of that bluetooth dongle?     /\ /\ /\ that looks alot more space friendly lol
"believe nothing. no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if i have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."

Buddha

Offline redryno1221

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Redrynotuts
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2008, 08:24:12 PM »
if your wireless headphones don't work try getting on of these from amazon... I got mine for only $35(USD)'

PS they're logitech earphones....they work great :tup:

Offline mav3r1ck

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • snoochy boochy's!
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2008, 12:17:20 AM »
i have a pair of motorola ht820's i use, i really like them! they come with a 2.5" plug in the right earpiece, so if you dont want to use bluetooth you can use them like regular headphones, plus they sync up with my phone at the same time, look them up, there really neat, i got mine for 40 bucks on ebay.
"believe nothing. no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if i have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."

Buddha

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal