Author Topic: Memory limit when installing applecor, already deleated DIC folder...  (Read 1239 times)

Offline frustratedW/PSP

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
 :censored:

Just got a PSP, and trying to make it better is going to give me an ulcer...

I downloaded Applecor, I'm trying to run it on a 3.90 M33 phatty. I got into my flash0 folder and found the hidden files, Deleated the Dic folder, removed the VSH and Font files there, and tried to install the applecor FONT and VSH folders. This is when my Mac told me that I couldn't dump the Dic, VSH, and Font folders from my trash bin, that they were locked....And they were still living on my psp!?!?!?!?!?!

I looked at the folders, and the files, and nowhere do I see them locked... Does anyone know what command I should be looking for to unlock those (DIC, VSH, and Font) folders so that I can dump them from my trash bin????
 :boxed: :x: :beg: :cry2:

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
Re: Memory limit when installing applecor, already deleated DIC folder...
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2008, 04:15:44 PM »
I tried on my mac it won't work, you need windows to do it.  It's easier and SAFER to do it on windows then a mac (yea I know let the fanboys rant on, etc)

Offline frustratedW/PSP

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: Memory limit when installing applecor, already deleated DIC folder...
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2008, 04:27:21 PM »
Well.... No worries,I was able to figure it out, All by my self!!!!

Sorry to clutter up your message boards.

The fix that worked for me you can find here, I got it from this http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=106272

"Advanced tip about deleting locked files

If there are several locked files in the Trash, you can unlock them all at the same time at the command line. Follow these steps:

1. Open Terminal. It's located in /Applications/Utilities.

Type: chflags -R nouchg
      Note: Type one space (not pictured) after nouchg in the line above, so that it ends in "nouchg ". Do not press Return yet.

2. Double-click the Trash icon in the Dock to reveal the contents of the Trash. If necessary, arrange the Finder window so that a portion of the Terminal window is still visible.
   3. Press the Command-A key combination to select all files in the Trash.
   4. Drag the files from the Trash to the Terminal window.
      Note: This automatically enters the pathname for each file. This eliminates the need to individually empty multiple Trash directories, particularly when multiple disks or volumes are present.

5. Press Return. No special text message will be shown indicating that the command was successful.
   6. Empty the Trash.

Wooo Hooo!

Hope this helps someone else out there~

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal