Author Topic: Are Dealsextreme's DSL screens as good as the OEMs?  (Read 2953 times)

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
Are Dealsextreme's DSL screens as good as the OEMs?
« on: February 20, 2008, 10:53:06 PM »
as the title says I wanna know if Dealsextreme's DSL screens as good as the OEMs counterparts?

Offline rocky

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: Are Dealsextreme's DSL screens as good as the OEMs?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 02:59:18 PM »
I have tested over 15 of there top screen and I must say they are very good quality.  out of 15 one was defective but they will allow returns and pay for shipping back to them. My first batch back in October had one screen with stuck pixels but this new 15 screen order had none so I think they improved them.  The ribbon cables don't look as strong but I have not had any problems with them and one other thing I noticed is the back metal shield on some of them isn't all the way pinched on so it might fall off when installing but none of them are big deals.  Overall they are amazingly cheap for the quality and I have not really noticed any difference between them and the oem ones.

Offline seikene

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2008, 03:11:16 PM »
My god Rocky, do you like mass repair ds' for money or something :P? You're like a pimp for them :D
Proud to be a: -Yugioh Player -ITG/DDR/PIU Player -Furry Fanatic - Knife Thrower -All around awesome guy :D

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2008, 05:07:55 PM »
I have tested over 15 of there top screen and I must say they are very good quality.  out of 15 one was defective but they will allow returns and pay for shipping back to them. My first batch back in October had one screen with stuck pixels but this new 15 screen order had none so I think they improved them.  The ribbon cables don't look as strong but I have not had any problems with them and one other thing I noticed is the back metal shield on some of them isn't all the way pinched on so it might fall off when installing but none of them are big deals.  Overall they are amazingly cheap for the quality and I have not really noticed any difference between them and the oem ones.
have you tried their touch screen panels rocky? I have seen the bad reviews saying their too thin.

Offline rocky

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2008, 08:51:28 AM »
My god Rocky, do you like mass repair ds' for money or something :P? You're like a pimp for them :D
Yeah I do but now I am thinking of just going into fixing desktop computers.  You can make a lot of $

have you tried their touch screen panels rocky? I have seen the bad reviews saying their too thin.

Yeah I have tried them they are thinner than the OEM but work perfect and I havent noticed any difference

Offline seikene

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2008, 02:31:24 PM »
Hmm does that mean you'll stop getting into the DS section and stop modding ds's? T_T.
On topic: Although I haven't tried their screens, I haven't seen much difference from the ones I've purchased, and they come from different companies. I'd say the only time to note any difference is when they have dead pixels or any actual defects rather then quality issues, but that's just me.
Proud to be a: -Yugioh Player -ITG/DDR/PIU Player -Furry Fanatic - Knife Thrower -All around awesome guy :D

Offline rocky

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2008, 07:46:17 PM »
Hmm does that mean you'll stop getting into the DS section and stop modding ds's? T_T.

naw I just mean that right now my only job is fixing DS lites but I might switch to computers because DS's are dropping in value and I can make more the other way.  I will still be modding DS lites

Offline seikene

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2008, 08:41:35 PM »
Ahh I gotcha. BTW added yah in Msn :D

Offline YMON

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2008, 05:41:06 PM »
*cough*spam*cough* anyways im gonna need a top screen so where can i buy?  :tup:

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal