Author Topic: sound reactive rope lights help  (Read 1245 times)

Offline kairu67

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
sound reactive rope lights help
« on: March 09, 2008, 01:37:32 PM »
ok, i know that this does not really pretain to consoles, but i figured that someone here would be able to help me pick an amplifier to be used in this schematic

i am trying to make some rope lights or maybe even Christmas lights i have be able to react to music..

the capacitors comming from in are .047uf  , and i was trying to use them to make it so that the music stays in sterio.. if they wont do that can you suggest something for me that will?

i dont need anything to change tone, so no high/mid/low or anything like that, only thing that it would be nice to control would be volume to make lights dimmer/brighter

if everything looks fine in the drawing, could you tell me a name of an amplifier that would work?

also, do i need to use something to convert amp out from DC to AC? if so what do i use?

thanks

Offline Tec_

• EL-Wire King
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • EL Wire King
Re: sound reactive rope lights help
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 03:24:24 PM »
well you could allways go with EL wire.

http://www.coolight.com/product-p/cl-is-40ft.htm

all you would need to do is find a wall charger that steps 120 down to 12 volts dc (find them at raido shack and automotive stores) and use that to power it.  that inverter lights up to 40 feet of wire.

Offline kairu67

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2008, 06:37:44 PM »
so does that just jave a plug in to plug the lights into? or do i need special lights from their site?

Offline Tec_

• EL-Wire King
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • EL Wire King
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2008, 06:46:43 PM »
no, that is for EL wire

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal