Author Topic: Backlight Bridging fuse  (Read 2428 times)

Offline Dr1ver

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
Backlight Bridging fuse
« on: March 29, 2008, 08:13:01 AM »
Hi all in acid mods
You all seem to be experts when it comes to the psp hardware 0_< so I came to you to ask this question. (by the way I have had a look on this forum for the answer)

Right the problem that I am having is that the fuse for the back light has gone and I have checked this by bridging it with the tip of a screw driver and it went on.

I can solder over it to make it permanent but I have some worries about doing this.

The first one is if I do bridge it and there is another power surge that would blow the fuse could this destroy anything else if the fuse is not there?

The second one is are the L.E.D’s for the back light set in series so could they act as a fuse themselves. When one blows cuts the circuit for the back light?

Sorry if they are noob question but I was never too good at electronics.  :wacko:

Thanx for all your helps :clap:

P.S – is there a tutorial on setting up sound sensitive L.E.Ds in this forum? I have the crystal case and planning on setting it all up once I get a slim.

Offline sprocketme2

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: Backlight Bridging fuse
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2008, 11:20:35 AM »
I dont know for sure what the dangers are, but if you dont bridge the fuse you will have to buy and replace your motherboard. The chances of a surge are slim but possible. Avoid static and you should be fine. If a surge should occur then you could end up with a fried lcd backlight.
My flickr profile: http://www.flickr.com/photos/47542734@N06/
Contains all my photos for public viewing

Offline noah03ark

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Überm Sternenzelt richtet Gott, wie wir gerichtet
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2008, 11:23:59 AM »
there is a slim chance of more blowing issues after bridging...i bridged mine, have had it so for a while (though it comes off every few months)

as fro the second about the backlight...i duno if its led backlit or not..so can't answer that

i have a tutorial on it if you need help at all.... https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=14512.0

as for the sound there sure is, just look at the tutorial and unfinished (no pic) tutorial threads and it should be in one of them

good luck
« Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 11:29:53 AM by noah03ark »

Offline Dr1ver

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2008, 12:04:05 PM »
Cheers guys  :tup:

Ill defiantly do it now. 0_<

thanx for the tutorial ill follow it through

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2008, 12:09:14 PM »
well you may as well bridge it, get as much out of that backlight as posible.
|Variegation - GhoSt's Final Controller|

|Nothing is deterministic.|

Offline noah03ark

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2008, 12:26:22 PM »
just one peice of advice when using my tutorial

read it through clearly and understand it first...as a wall of text (especially without pictures) can be intimidating

so read through, understand, and follow through..just so you dont accidnetally read over somthing important..i know when i have a wall of text my mind tends to automatically skip

Offline Dr1ver

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2008, 12:40:07 PM »
cool thanx

i did bridge it with a screw driver so i know what one to solder over that little fd one. just got to hope my soldering skills are good enough lol.

im going away on holdiay in a week so i got to get i all fixed ( still havn't orderd the screen replacment yet 0_<)

forgot to say noah03ark if i remember to take some pictures would you want them for your tutorial?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 01:16:15 PM by Dr1ver »

Offline noah03ark

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2008, 01:54:03 PM »
yeah, sure :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal