Author Topic: no power. (pics up)  (Read 3302 times)

Offline jair2k4

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Oh Noes!
no power. (pics up)
« on: March 18, 2008, 05:38:28 PM »
Ok so...... I'm down to two boards with problems..... they are both in the same area, even though they are 2 different model mobos.   I circled the area i am talking about.... what the heck does this part do and is there any way to replace it?

thanks for the help guys and girls.

pics below:

This is a TA-082. There was no cover where the solder is.... i looked at another 82 mobo and there was something (a resistor maybe) there.... so i just heaped solder on it like a dumbarse.... still didnt work though....

EDIT: I have another TA-082 mobo and it has a little silver thing on it in the same place as where i dumped solder.... has '400k' etched into it.....

This one (below) is a TA-079....... it looks like its all there, but there were small scorch marks under the little thinger there.......

« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 05:49:43 PM by jair2k4 »

Offline Sil3ntP3nguin

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Projects here and there!
Re: no power. (pics up)
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 05:53:19 PM »
youu noob, what did you doo!!!! lol

j/k haha
I like tech stuff. Artist in all media's. Photographer. ps3 gamer. i7 computerer.
I sell domestic electronics online, work at a pizzeria, and sell more electronics
and get over $1000 a month doing it :D

Offline anthonyta

• MFH
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 07:30:25 PM »
honestly i dont think that blob of solder did anything. the thing its covering is the m4.00D thing. probably when that switch came off some solder got atop it some how.

Offline jair2k4

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Oh Noes!
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 07:48:29 AM »
I PUT the solder on there.... i was trying to see what it would do..... absolutely nothing!

the switch was half broken so i removed that as well..... the solder is not covering anything else.... i will take my braid to it and show you what i mean at some point....

anyone else?

Offline tibor28

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2008, 07:52:55 AM »
man i can see even see from the pic that u put the blob over some kind of rubber pads and not over the actual golden contacts which are under them

Offline FreeK

• a-LeeK
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Team CYBER for life
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2008, 12:28:28 PM »
man i can see even see from the pic that u put the blob over some kind of rubber pads and not over the actual golden contacts which are under them

erm...i think he bought them like that, since he has no idea whats wrong with them....if he did it himself he'd know what he did wrong

btw, jair, i think on the second one (82) it says [M]4.00D, not 400K, unless your talking of a 3rd mobo

Offline tibor28

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2008, 02:24:19 PM »
erm...i think he bought them like that, since he has no idea whats wrong with them....if he did it himself he'd know what he did wrong

btw, jair, i think on the second one (82) it says [M]4.00D, not 400K, unless your talking of a 3rd mobo
if you would read his posts properly youd know that he put the blob there HIMSELF to see if it does anything

Offline jair2k4

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Oh Noes!
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2008, 08:28:26 PM »
To clarify....

under the solder blob are more contacts.... under those contacts is another somethingnotmetal which seems to insulate between the top and bottom set.... you cant see the top set of contacts, as i soldered over them..... i will desolder and post a pic tomorrow morning.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal