Author Topic: Question about a PC case for a mod im doing  (Read 1644 times)

Offline Jiggyfly

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • PSP->Revolution
    • My Myspace
Question about a PC case for a mod im doing
« on: March 21, 2008, 09:54:43 PM »
well...I plan on doing a mod in a couple weeks...im putting an xbox 360, a wii, and a ps3 all in the same case...read about it here: https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=16680.0 anyways...I plan on putting all 3 ststems into one case, but I know this is prolly gonna cause over heating problems....the case comes with its own fans, but is there a way to power these fans without using any of the three systems...like using a PC power supply...or would that require a full PC to run them?? thanks for the help^^
.psp. Slim-Piano Black-3.90 M33-2 with 150_340TM^^

Offline Skullmaster

• God Of Cars
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Admin Force, Co-Owner Wanna-be
    • Acidmods
Re: Question about a PC case for a mod im doing
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 12:04:58 AM »
You could totally use a pc power supply. There is a way you can make a power supply start up without the computer and it involves touching one wire to another wire.

Offline Jiggyfly

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • PSP->Revolution
    • My Myspace
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2008, 12:30:13 AM »
You could totally use a pc power supply. There is a way you can make a power supply start up without the computer and it involves touching one wire to another wire.

so it would be totally feasable to have the PC power supply run the extra fans and lights...but this method of touching one wire to another...would it be possible then to use these to wires wired to the towers power button so it would be like normal: press power button on case=fans and lights go on? or would I have to touch the two wires every time?
.psp. Slim-Piano Black-3.90 M33-2 with 150_340TM^^

Offline MattZani

• Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Matthew Dear
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2008, 04:06:07 AM »
You could use a PC Powersupply for Fans & LED's etc, and there is a way that when you switch on the 'PC' at the front, then the console will get power. There is a switch or something.
Retired Modder, minor dabbling from now on :P

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal