Author Topic: PSP Phat problem  (Read 2225 times)

Offline Zarin

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
PSP Phat problem
« on: March 30, 2008, 01:28:42 PM »
Ok heres my dilema. I had a magic memory stick that i used with a jigkick to install 3.71 m33 on my psp slim. so then i have been useing that ms to put lots of homebrew and stuff on. now i go to my friends house and i used that ms stick and a jigkicker to "install" custom fw on his psp phat. at first it looked like it worked on his psp, but then at the setup when its like "press x to shut off psp" so then we turn it back on and the screens all white, and you can like barely see the icons. then i made a magic memory stick (brand new) from his ms (formated it and everything, did a good job, everythings legit). now dont ask me why i didnt do that at first, because he was just really ancious so we just did it with mine. so anyway i tried to do the exact same thing with this new ms stick (his) and i installed 3.71 m33. SO NOW WHEN I TURN HIS PSP ON what happens is, it goes to the main menu, but theres no icons or anything just a blank screen with the OEM reddish background. then it goes back after about 5-10 seconds.

I know thats a mouthful and im really sorry but is there any advice people can give me.

thanks

zarin

PS: My slim has 3.90 m33-2 and it works perfectly.

Offline sprocketme2

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: PSP Phat problem
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2008, 03:32:03 PM »
SO NOW WHEN I TURN HIS PSP ON what happens is, it goes to the main menu, but theres no icons or anything just a blank screen with the OEM reddish background. then it goes back after about 5-10 seconds.

What do you mean by "it goes back"? If you mean the xmb icons appear after 5-10 seconds then there is no problem. You shouldnt have to make another mem stick/battery for a different psp. Yours should have done the trick.
My flickr profile: http://www.flickr.com/photos/47542734@N06/
Contains all my photos for public viewing

Offline Zarin

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2008, 04:55:05 PM »
Sorry about that. I meant it just shuts off after 5-10 seconds. If i try to turn it back on after that, it does the exact same thing all over again.

Offline j.s2ghetto

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • GHETTO inside
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2008, 05:31:41 PM »
well that isn't a very good sign i think it means it is bricked have u tried going into recovery mode

thank u P3nnywise for the sig
"See you have to understand the difference. The difference between me and you is to you, this is your job. To me, this is my life. The club; that's my job. The mall; that's my job. Your neighborhood; that's my job. This studio; this is my life. This is what I do better than anything."

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2008, 10:44:18 PM »
yes try go into recovery and if you can we will tell you where to go from there. (just incase to get into recovery remove batt then boot psp while holding R trigger)
|Variegation - GhoSt's Final Controller|

|Nothing is deterministic.|

Offline Luke

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2008, 01:44:16 PM »
rofl ill would be sh*tting my self that happend to me coz i dnt much about cfw

Offline Zarin

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2008, 09:03:09 PM »
yes try go into recovery and if you can we will tell you where to go from there. (just incase to get into recovery remove batt then boot psp while holding R trigger)

Yea yea im no nub (anymore) but where do i go from there like what should i do if im in revovery mode.

Offline Thorax

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2008, 06:25:35 AM »
Format Flash1 by going into the Recovery>Advanced. Then after you format, exit out of Recovery and try agian. That's what happend to me and it fixed it. Also, try disabling any pluggins you have enabled.

Offline mootoo

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2008, 12:23:51 PM »
Format Flash1 by going into the Recovery>Advanced. Then after you format, exit out of Recovery and try agian. That's what happend to me and it fixed it. Also, try disabling any pluggins you have enabled.
yes U need format flash1 to fix this.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal