Author Topic: I have a request  (Read 2093 times)

Offline IndyChav

• Original.
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0

I have a request
« on: April 06, 2008, 05:17:12 AM »
Ok so I need some advise =]

I was asked if i could design various business cards, leaflets, brochures etc which is fine I can do that no problem. My problem lies with the idea my dad gave me.

He basically said I should set up a little printing business. This got me thinking. I can do it and make substantial profit.

However I don't know what sort of equipment I would need. The running of the business i can do no problem its just the different equipment for the different styles. Embossing, Engraving, segregated edges etc. I want to have the ability to satisfy any requests but I need advice on what to invest in.

All ideas on what and where to get things would be greatly appreciated.

IndyChav

Offline Timmy

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: I have a request
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 05:24:58 AM »
a cnc machine would help, theres a special graphics machine my dad got recently which would be good, ill find out the name

but this is all expensive equipment

Offline IndyChav

• Original.
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 05:29:27 AM »
that would be really helpful.

Money is never an issue :winker:

Size however is. I dont want a huge machine when im only doing small, local advertising. But anythign would be really helpful =]

Offline robin1989

• Site Owner - Site Maintenance & development
  • Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2008, 06:06:14 AM »
well if you want a to engrave then get a mini bed laser engraver as that can do basically what a cnc can plus more. also for printing i would suggest if size is a restraint then a profesional full size print press isnt an option but you should get a normal photo ink jet with a CIS (Continuous Ink System) for printing or if you can fit it a colour laser printer or wax printer wax (solid ink) is by far the best quality.

ive got prices on small laser engravers for the uk if you want and i can go get prices of CIS systems and printers for you from my supplier

p.s. can i be your partener

i am not responsible for what i do or my advice

Get the iPhone 4s from Three using Quidco and recieve £109 cashback

Offline IndyChav

• Original.
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2008, 06:08:37 AM »
well if you want a to engrave then get a mini bed laser engraver as that can do basically what a cnc can plus more. also for printing i would suggest if size is a restraint then a profesional full size print press isnt an option but you should get a normal photo ink jet with a CIS (Continuous Ink System) for printing or if you can fit it a colour laser printer or wax printer wax (solid ink) is by far the best quality.

ive got prices on small laser engravers for the uk if you want and i can go get prices of CIS systems and printers for you from my supplier

p.s. can i be your partener

Prices specifications all that jazz would be good to read about. This is all very new to me atm =P

p.s. yes upon expansion :winker:

Offline robin1989

• Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2008, 06:13:38 AM »
yeh i set up a little photo printing business in my first year of college as a project. there were 9 of us and we made £50 profit each and thats with ta limited catchment of the school we had a printer with a CIS but we couldnt sell it on as it got stolen at the end of the year

i will get you the prices for the laser engraver later tonight the CIS will have to be ne3xt week or the week after as i need to go to manchester to do that

Offline Skullmaster

• God Of Cars
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Admin Force, Co-Owner Wanna-be
    • Acidmods
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2008, 10:49:55 AM »
My uncle used to run a printing buisness, and most of the stuff he would outsource. Meaning anything he couldnt do, he would still take in and send out to get done, like buisness card printing because it was cheaper than doing it inhouse

Offline IndyChav

• Original.
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2008, 11:01:20 AM »
That may be true but I would like to have the facilities and be self-sufficient regardless :winker:

Offline robin1989

• Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2008, 11:44:40 AM »
That may be true but I would like to have the facilities and be self-sufficient regardless :winker:
plus then people like skullmasters uncle would send there outsource stuff to you

Offline IndyChav

• Original.
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2008, 12:01:36 PM »
I dont see it personally as a long term / aim to be on the intraweb type business but who knows what I may do with time :laughing:

Offline dedafmonteur

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +4/-0
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2008, 12:07:19 PM »
if you start a company you need to beregistered, otherwise you cant say like: he suses my designs cause your not registered.

you will need:

- a name

- maybe some rueles

- a budget (money you want to spend and the money you want to get from the buisness)

and when you register you wont need to pay tax, thats why i did it to.
when i buy something i just put it on the name of my company and voila i dont have to pay tax....

Offline IndyChav

• Original.
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2008, 12:13:17 PM »
Yeah my dad is self employed so doesnt have to pay tax on assets such as computers, printers etc so I got that sorted ..

However I'm not setting up a full-time business quite yet this is jsut something I want to do to make a little money then see how ti goes with the possibility of expansion :winker:

Offline dedafmonteur

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +4/-0
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2008, 12:23:00 PM »
Yeah my dad is self employed so doesnt have to pay tax on assets such as computers, printers etc so I got that sorted ..

However I'm not setting up a full-time business quite yet this is jsut something I want to do to make a little money then see how ti goes with the possibility of expansion :winker:

i had to write a small book about: how to start up a company
it took me 3 months to make, it had 60 pages.

i had 9,7 for it (we go to 10) so i was uber happy.
i used it to set up my buisness

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal