Author Topic: wire trouble!  (Read 2154 times)

Offline xcloudxstrifex

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
wire trouble!
« on: April 07, 2008, 06:37:17 PM »
hi everyone im new to this site and i just have a few questions,

1.I saw in the forums that someone made a usb charger for the ds by cutting the two wires and connecting the red and black, the problem is, when i did this, i noticed in the usb wire, there were four colored wires, red, black, yellow, and green. i was wondering where to connect the yellow and green wires.

2.Theres dust under my touch screen....what can you recommend?

3. My shoulder buttons are non-existent...before i took them out they didnt work, then after, they did, by pressing the little gray thing. I put the buttons back and they didnt work again. i think the button base is prying itself off the greenboard, due to lack of support behind it.

thanks for your time, and any help you can provide!

Offline xcloudxstrifex

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: wire trouble!
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 07:51:07 PM »
oops i made a mistake. the wire isn't yellow, it's white.
thanks

Offline rocky

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 08:38:33 PM »
Hello and welcome to the forums I will try to help you the best I can.

1.  The White and Green wires are just data wires that you do not need to use so just cut them out and use only the Red and Black.

2. First are you sure there is dust under your touch screen because I have never seen that problem.  If there is you can open the DS and then pull the touch panel off the bottom screen and clean the dust off.

3. There are two possibilities one it could be what you are saying that the button came off the motherboard or it could be your button is worn out and you will need a new one.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask

Offline xcloudxstrifex

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2008, 05:08:21 PM »
2. First are you sure there is dust under your touch screen because I have never seen that problem.  If there is you can open the DS and then pull the touch panel off the bottom screen and clean the dust off.
yes the dust is under the left side of my screen, i'll try to get it out tonight.
could you recommend a good place to get a cheap r4 and clear cases, led lights, etc.?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 05:10:57 PM by xcloudxstrifex »

Offline seikene

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2008, 08:22:05 PM »
Clear cases should be dealextreme.com or coolmods.co.uk
LEDs can be bought at various websites like mouser.com, ebay.com,goldmine-elec.com
I'm still suprised at how you got dust in the screen. Like did you get it in between a screen protector and your screen, or between your screen guard and the touch screen itself?
Proud to be a: -Yugioh Player -ITG/DDR/PIU Player -Furry Fanatic - Knife Thrower -All around awesome guy :D

Offline xcloudxstrifex

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2008, 09:58:11 AM »
did you get it in between a screen protector and your screen, or between your screen guard and the touch screen itself?
i dont have screen protectors, i found they dont work for me...
im pretty sure the dust is between the touch sensor and the lcd panel...
i dont know how thats possible but it is.
i would take a picture, but the resolution would have to be very high for you to see it...

Offline seikene

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2008, 09:08:57 PM »
True, but danm mate, dunno how that happens lol, unless someone opened it previously and never told yah, but that's just me. Anyway, the flash carts can also be bought at dealexteme.com, and very cheaply might I add.
Proud to be a: -Yugioh Player -ITG/DDR/PIU Player -Furry Fanatic - Knife Thrower -All around awesome guy :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal