Author Topic: Bah Ps1 Issue :(  (Read 3581 times)

Offline seikene

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
Bah Ps1 Issue :(
« on: April 08, 2008, 02:38:46 PM »
I'm having some sort of Playstation issue when I opened it. Of course I did that to swap the LED to UV, which worked perfectly, but now the controller ports don't work for some reason. Games start if I insert them, but I notice that the ports don't work at all. I tried multiple controllers to be sure, and tried not booting a game, and it won't work. If possible, can you mention anything at all that can be wrong with it besides not inserting the ribbon right, because I've tried reinserting it like a million times, and I switched the parts to go in just to be safe. If anything, try to let me know a website that might be able to sell the ribbon by itself or just the ports with the ribbon.
Proud to be a: -Yugioh Player -ITG/DDR/PIU Player -Furry Fanatic - Knife Thrower -All around awesome guy :D

Offline doug1O4231

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: Bah Ps1 Issue :(
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 08:31:26 PM »
ill be searching for one for ya =P but sadly ps1 repair parts from websites arnt worth buying(in most cases) with the websites cost of part+shipping as you can get a ps1 at a local pawn shop for around $24

:EDIT: hey man after some research i found your problem you blew the PS605 Fuse =P and is replaceable sadly you need advanced soldering experience heres the page http://www.geocities.com/psxrepair/mainboard.html?200812

Good Luck =D also if your still in need of parts check this out http://playstationparts.50megs.com/parts.html they sell everything
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 10:56:13 PM by doug104231 »

Offline Mystike

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Mystike.
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 07:30:59 AM »
Any fuses I blew whilst making my PS1P I just bridged with fuse wire. Wiring was simple , Just soldered to either side of it. After a while I completely removed the fuse and bridged the gap. It's not particularly hard to do.

Offline seikene

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2008, 09:26:21 PM »
Well I'm gonna check that page you gave me doug, thanks alot :D. If I can just bridge them, then trust me, I'll just go for that. I already know how much of a pain it is to find parts for a discontinued item.
Proud to be a: -Yugioh Player -ITG/DDR/PIU Player -Furry Fanatic - Knife Thrower -All around awesome guy :D

Offline doug1O4231

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2008, 10:15:50 PM »
yea i know my ps1s drive isnt reading certain games anymore(....the good ones >=[) so im gonna be hardwireing a new drive to my mobo since the drive is for a different version of ps1 but i looked into that part shop a little more and sadly they closed down but dont say anything about it on the pages >.> anyway yeah good luck on getting yours fixed =D

Offline seikene

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2008, 04:10:35 PM »
Heh thanks to your source, I got it fixed :). Now, my only real problem is making my ps1 portable. I'm using a specific dvd screen, I have the chips for it, and it is compatible, but no one has a data sheet on it or a suggestion on it.

Offline ryan0

• I EAT STUFF
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I LIEK CHEEEEZE
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2008, 08:42:47 AM »
i bought one of those official ps1 screens in a gamestore clearout they are brilliant!i had to make an rca-av adapter was simple just need 5 wires,a headpahone lead and an rca to scart adapter
Derp.

Offline seikene

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2008, 01:53:38 PM »
I REALLY wish I  had bought that, I woulda been done with this, but my dvd screen is sitting there collecting dust, so lemme rephrase the question: Is there anyway to guess the points when using a dvd screen that has no data sheet but is proven to work?

Offline FreeK

• a-LeeK
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Team CYBER for life
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2008, 05:34:12 PM »
i moved it for yeh cuz it doesnt really fall under the category of ps2 or any of the others cept this one

and heres a friendly bump
 :hifive:

Offline bacteria

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Games Console System Modder
    • Bacteria's site
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2008, 08:37:04 AM »
I REALLY wish I  had bought that, I woulda been done with this, but my dvd screen is sitting there collecting dust, so lemme rephrase the question: Is there anyway to guess the points when using a dvd screen that has no data sheet but is proven to work?

You need to open the DVD and use a multimeter to trace from the video and audio plugs on the inputs on the mobo, you can then solder to these points; or to the video cables themselves. If the DVD does not have RGB inputs or composite or S-video inputs however, you won't be able to hook up to the screen.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal