Author Topic: LED Trigger Mod (Speaker Wired) Help  (Read 1810 times)

Offline Sgt Lovin

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • My PSP is Unmodded still :(
LED Trigger Mod (Speaker Wired) Help
« on: May 08, 2008, 05:46:07 PM »
Ok,

Last post before i'm set, what are the positive and negative points on the speaker in this picture below:

Also, can I connect one LED to positive and negative points on one speaker and do the same for the other, or do both LED's have to go to positive and negative points of one speaker?

My thought was

Left Side of speaker= Negative (from picture view)
Right Side of speaker= Positive (from picture view)
Please Correct me if i'm wrong

Thank You

Offline whitetop

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +39/-12
  • im not in the ass kissing team
Re: LED Trigger Mod (Speaker Wired) Help
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 06:27:39 PM »
i think you have to use the pins on the picture but im still trying to find a working full step by step tut for this

come to the rite place if you kiss admins as they promote you to admin.

Offline pax

• CyberPyrot WannaBe
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Sig and Avatar by INDYCHASE
    • GAMING LAGOON - Join now for free prizes
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2008, 08:08:47 AM »
yes u wire one led to each speaker. when you open up the psp and look at the speakers there are two bits of solder on the actual speaker with wires (black to the left, grey to the right) going into them. the right side is negative so connect your positive wire for the led to it. its pretty simple, and also if you're using blue 0603 smd led's then you dont really need a resistor, i didn't use one. oh and be careful not to lose any screws. i lost two whilst doing my psp.

Guppy > Chief Squatting Hard > 1/2 Pint > Fart Sniffer > Tone Deff > Motor Mouth > Allumnist > King of the Wii-tards > Who Farted > Poker Champ > Chaos Lover > Bomb Maker > CyberPyrot Wannabe

Offline TaSlAyEr

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • i has a shovel lolz
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2008, 08:18:37 AM »
yes u wire one led to each speaker. when you open up the psp and look at the speakers there are two bits of solder on the actual speaker with wires (black to the left, grey to the right) going into them. the right side is negative so connect your positive wire for the led to it. its pretty simple, and also if you're using blue 0603 smd led's then you dont really need a resistor, i didn't use one. oh and be careful not to lose any screws. i lost two whilst doing my psp.
u can use all colors with out resistors im useing red leds without them and they r bright as the sun lol

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2008, 01:39:20 PM »
u can use all colors with out resistors im useing red leds without them and they r bright as the sun lol

be careful i would only recomend using blue without resistors at all. The red un's may be bright as the sun now but they will burn out or have a shorter life span from using them above what they are made for. You should put a resistor in to be safe they are cheap and easy to get so yea :tup: .
|Variegation - GhoSt's Final Controller|

|Nothing is deterministic.|

Offline nevekd128

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2008, 09:59:32 PM »
if u are wiring directly to the speaker itself and not the board the polarity doesnt mater

Offline Sgt Lovin

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • My PSP is Unmodded still :(
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2008, 08:40:29 AM »
is this how u wire the speakers to the led's or is it negative to positive from speaker to led?

[/img]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal