Author Topic: Good days, bad days and bad @$$ cars...  (Read 12322 times)

Offline budgray19

• Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • OH NO MY CHITTY CHICKEN, NOO NOT MY CHITTY BEEF
Re: Good days, bad days and bad @$$ cars...
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2008, 05:19:22 PM »
i right man
i got aset of 6 for like 50 bucks they aint cheap
lol but damm worth it
and if all else fails i have my tap in die sep if i strip the threads lol

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
  • Dōmo, Konnichiwa, :censored:es...
    • Misadventures in Mediocrity and Modding
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2008, 05:23:14 PM »
please god tell me that only the box is craftsman, and that you only bought it to hold your tools till you could buy something else. craftsman are fine tools if your a weekend wrench head but come on dude if your working on cars like that you should be using some snap on's or mat co.

actually I have a mix of craftsman, cornwell and snap-on. the wrenches, sockets and ratchets are all craftsman the rest is cornwell and snap-on, the air tools are Ingersol-Rand, and the cordless power tools are Makita. Craftsman actually makes a decent product that works for any situation (including professionals, I'm not above saving money on tools) and if I break a socket or something I can get a new one the same day as opposed to waiting an entire week for tool vendors to show up at the shop (they only come once a week, in fact we finally got a snap-on vendor for the first time in over 3 years). most of the companies have very comparable product quality, what you really pay for is the name. for example snap-on tools cost twice as much as cornwell but don't really provide any better quality or warranty, so what is the increase in price for? Brand Name...

@budgray19:
the set of wrenches on the right are ratcheting wrenches... and the little sockets in the same drawer fit the ratcheting wrenches to make low profile ratchets, they're pretty cool actually...

I only buy tools that I need and use on a regular basis, all our fasteners are pretty standard metric sizes, 7, 8, 10, 13, 16, 17, 20, 21, 22mm, and they are pretty much the same on every model we have, like encapsulation panels are held using 8mm bolts, and they're 8mm on every car we make except the G-wagen (yes, it's with an 'e'; Geländewagen: cross-county vehicle, all-terrain vehicle), those are 10mm... why buy a bunch of tools I don't need? so that they can sit on a shelf or in a drawer collecting dust and rust? that's a waste of money if you ask me, besides I buy tools to use at work not so that I can show off a huge tool box full of useless junk, they have a purpose and it's not for show or a popularity contest (kinda like why should I get dressed up for church?, it's not a fashion show for God, He knows I'm there and He knows that I don't normally dress like that, I'm not pulling one over on Him, and I could care less what the pretentious patrons think of the way I dress...)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 06:11:44 PM by jrfhoutx »
AcidMods Ninja... You won't know I'm there until you're gone...

All of these sigs are from the original acidmods sig comp...  @jrfhoutx  "No respect, no respect at all... that's the story of my life." --

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
  • Dōmo, Konnichiwa, :censored:es...
    • Misadventures in Mediocrity and Modding
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2008, 10:11:57 AM »
ok, well as soon as I get back home (out at the in-law's in the country...) and get a new coax cable for my cable modem (damn dog chewed the coax in half the other day... I coulda killed that little mutt...) I'll give ya a few more pics of some more cool stuff (like one of the minor things you get when you buy a $450k Maybach), another cool car that came into the shop (Superformance Cobra replica), and the current annoyance in my life, I'm still peeved about that coax... that's the third time this month... anyone know if it's difficult to put new terminals on coax cables? I'm tired of buying new ones, lol...
AcidMods Ninja... You won't know I'm there until you're gone...

All of these sigs are from the original acidmods sig comp...  @jrfhoutx  "No respect, no respect at all... that's the story of my life." --

Offline robin1989

• Site Owner - Site Maintenance & development
  • Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2008, 10:31:38 AM »
get some metal braided wrap for the coax to protect it or alternativly beat it out of the puppy

i am not responsible for what i do or my advice

Get the iPhone 4s from Three using Quidco and recieve £109 cashback

Offline budgray19

• Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • OH NO MY CHITTY CHICKEN, NOO NOT MY CHITTY BEEF
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2008, 07:18:05 PM »
taht sweet dood i never heard of them before
this is what we have for a drill

milwaukee my fav drill ive ever used, its a very good drill,
and it is a 28 volt drill
but i dont think yall use these...
aww man a shelby cobra
the original style(i know its a kit car) but still is it teh one shelby made from a euro car and a truck engine?!?!?!?!
SHOW PICS!
SO  u liek being a greace monkey? lol

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal