Author Topic: memory switch?  (Read 1449 times)

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
memory switch?
« on: May 12, 2008, 05:05:06 PM »
ok im working on the sd mod ill make a tut for the way im doing it but i need help. ok so when u insert a card into the pro duo slot it flicks a switch that tells psp a card is in and starts to read card i know one contact to this switch is the metal caseing of the slot but what is the other i need to know.

Offline glenng82

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: memory switch?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 06:11:36 PM »
did u check everlasting_wills duel memory slots

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 06:35:11 PM »
no its not in any of his posts

VoX

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2008, 11:26:10 PM »
I'm not sure how he did it but you can use a Dip switch and solder the ground of the Memory stick slot to the switch and flick to to switch between

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2008, 11:41:31 PM »
I'm not sure how he did it but you can use a Dip switch and solder the ground of the Memory stick slot to the switch and flick to to switch between
no dip switches are off/on not on/on and its not that simple thats why will had to use the ic's

VoX

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2008, 02:03:42 AM »
There's are a guide out now for this and it looks much harder than I thought it would

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2008, 08:15:07 AM »
well im not trying to make mine like his, his will hold 2 sticks at the same time and switch between them i just want mine to recognise and read 1 of the 2 i know that without the ic's its imposible to simply put a switch on the ground to switch between them because all the other pins comunicateing . I dont understand  is there a switch in the slot that tells the psp that a mem card is in? if so how do i trigger it without a physical card in the slot?

VoX

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2008, 02:53:38 PM »
There's a pin on the Memory Card slot that tells if its inserted, Its pin 6. I must either make a connection or communicate with the memory card. Pin 6 is also connected to pin 10

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2008, 03:00:38 PM »
have you tested it? so ur saying if i wire a switch between pin 6 and 10 and dont put a mspd in slot and wire my sd to produo adapter to the produo slot then when i flip switch psp will read the sd card?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal