Author Topic: Brand New Sound Mod Kits Released (new revision).  (Read 2286 times)

Offline l0rdnic0

• 2%
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +8/-0
  • TeamCYBER

Brand New Sound Mod Kits Released (new revision).
« on: June 03, 2008, 11:15:52 PM »
Hey all l0rdnic0 here with a review of the new lm386 kit which is offered at the shops from WiredInput.com, a link to the kit will be provided at the end of the review.

So I got my hands on a few of the new Revised LM386 Kits that the folks at WiredInput.com are selling and I wanted to take the time and tell you about them. First off this is a Kit that you can buy pre built so you don’t need to solder the components to the board. All you need to do is buy some LEDs and wire them up along with Power, Ground and Inputs. It’s really that easy, just five wires to solder to your system and you’re done.
   The kicker here is the size of this thing. I haven’t pulled off an install in a Phat yet, but tomorrow I’ll wire one up just for fun. These things assembled are no more then 2/3rds the height of an actual LM386 DIP (A common lm386 you can buy at any Radio Shack). If you need more clarification stack a Dime on a Nickel and you’ll have the total height of the board and the chip. When I received the new board and I compared it to the first revision, I was very happy to see that the footprint was reduced by nearly 1/3 in over all length if not more, the same goes for the width.
   If you were truly concerned with space, you could sand the edges down, saving you even more room. I managed to remove close to 2mm with some fine sanding. I have to hand it to the people that were involved with the production of this board and the idea behind it and the new modular based mods that we here at AcidMods.com are working on. Hopefully you will see more kits available in the future based on some of these new ideas that we have. This is especially important to those of you located outside of the US were finding parts like the 191k and 30k resistors can be a nightmare.
In closing this kit has everything you’re looking for when it comes to the Sound Mod. It was designed very well thought out and on quality material and you can’t argue a price of $14.99 US for a Kit that comes pre assembled.

As promised here are some images for you to look at and the link to the kit witch can be found HERE.

Hey be on the lookout for a full Tutorial an Video Tutorial as well.  :#1:

HEY just so you know, What is shown here is just the board, but the Kit comes with everything solderd on to it (lm386, 30k and 191k).

Yes that's the Board next to a Dime

Here is a comparison of the First revision and the new revision boards
NOTE: the one on the Bottom = OLD the one on the top = NEW

NOTE: There are still some first generation boards available and they have a reduced price of  9.99. That’s five dollars cheaper, act now.
Old Image

« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 08:47:23 AM by l0rdnic0 »

L0rdNiC0 Pioneering Mods on the PSP Slim :taunt:
Sound Mod, Button LED Mod, Security Mod, Dual NUB, Mode Select Switch + More

Offline Ch4rL13

• R4z3R
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • R4z3R Gaming
Re: Brand New Sound Mod Kits Released (new revision).
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 11:28:35 PM »
wow, u rly got the size reduced lol, i thought the old one was just fine
hope to get one of the soon :tup:
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 11:30:17 PM by Talos »

VoX

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 11:38:20 PM »
And, you guys comeback again to sweep us off our feet! Nice Job  :tup:

Offline SYSTEM aka (Cyberpyrot)

• Site Founder
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 04:34:09 AM »
sweet jesus thats small

Offline ApheX

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • PSP And PSP Slim Case/Hardware Modder
    • ApheX MoDs
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2008, 07:21:07 AM »
love it! very nice size and $15 is a great price. nice one people!  :#1:

Offline j.s2ghetto

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • GHETTO inside
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2008, 07:25:55 AM »
can't wait to get out of debt so i can go buy me one  :tup:

thank u P3nnywise for the sig
"See you have to understand the difference. The difference between me and you is to you, this is your job. To me, this is my life. The club; that's my job. The mall; that's my job. Your neighborhood; that's my job. This studio; this is my life. This is what I do better than anything."

Offline whitetop

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +39/-12
  • im not in the ass kissing team
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2008, 09:36:17 AM »
same here im badly in debt lol
come to the rite place if you kiss admins as they promote you to admin.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal