Author Topic: busted ds  (Read 1625 times)

Offline H-Sauce

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Music Producer
busted ds
« on: April 26, 2008, 02:23:20 AM »
mi ds has been dropped a couple of times (im the worlds most clumsy person lol) but a little whiles ago my ds wouldnt turn on so i let it run dry and now it wont turn on......

do you think its a busted power switch

i cant send it back to nintendo because i bought it in singapore

thanks.

p.s. this is a video of it about a week before it broke

http://www.youtube.com/v/SeS_uCrgzyM&hl
« Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 02:28:29 AM by hSaUcPkEeRr »

Offline tanoz

• Chaos Lover
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: busted ds
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2008, 02:42:39 AM »
prolly just a loose connection. take it apart and check the ribbon cables
Lots of gaming stuff but too lazy to mention =]

Offline H-Sauce

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Music Producer
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2008, 02:52:42 AM »
kk

its a bit of a :censored: tho coz im broke so i dnt have a ds or a psp  :cry2: :cry2:

Offline seikene

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2008, 06:48:22 AM »
Hmm it depends. The switch can break easily with enough force. Alright when you turn it on, does it show anything on the screen at all? If no, and if you're switch feels a bit ligther to press, or doesn't have that spring effect, then yeah, the switch is broken, but it ain't too hard to repair. There are 2 ways to fix it:
1. Get a new ds power switch, and remove the other one. It's kinda hard to repair mainly due to the 4 points in the switch to have to desolder, one by one, with as little force as possible, because I remember ripping a trace out and I had to rewire one of those little pins T_T.
2. This is much easier, just ignore the switch, or remove the switch, and get a momemtary switch (like one of those very small button switches, here's a picture)

If the switch has 4 pin, then find the 2 pins that are opposite to each other.  If it's 2, then perfect, just wire one pin to PWSW and the other to one of the 3 pins on the switch or any ground you have on the DS. If you push it, and it works, then good job  :D. If not, then take a few steps back and check anything that might have gone wrong (i.e.- Cold soldering point, wrong wiring)

Hopefully it's only the switch that;s the problem. If one of the screen flashes, then one of the screens are busted.
Proud to be a: -Yugioh Player -ITG/DDR/PIU Player -Furry Fanatic - Knife Thrower -All around awesome guy :D

Offline LocalToast

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • DS Hacker, Modder-to-be
    • LocalToast's DS Hacks
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2008, 08:11:56 PM »
I found this tutorial to be quite handy. I haven't tried it yet, but thus far it is the most in-depth tutorial I have seen for replacing (not fixing) a power switch.
My Stuff:
- 1 Unmodded DS Phat, original
- 1 Onyx DS Lite, broken power switch
- 1 Coral Pink DS Lite, under repairs. To be for sale later

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal