Author Topic: can u fix this?  (Read 1614 times)

Offline funky847

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
can u fix this?
« on: June 12, 2008, 04:53:30 PM »
hey guys i have installed my trigger mod fine, i decided to change colour so made a new one and that worked fine but the hatch that opens the psp lcd cage ribbon up has broken and come off lol. the psp works but i have no picture unless i hold the ribbon in.  picture will follow...

Offline Rory

• ZOMG, A Deda!!!!!
  • Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Eyy lmao
Re: can u fix this?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 05:04:30 PM »
Mine did that. Still waiting for a replacement. *Cough* Deda *Cough*
Quote from: IndyChav
I think that the king of spam should be immune to the punishment for posting spam everywhere, so post away Rory :tup:
Quote from: FreeK
couldnt of said it any better.

Offline pax

• CyberPyrot WannaBe
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Sig and Avatar by INDYCHASE
    • GAMING LAGOON - Join now for free prizes
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008, 05:23:04 PM »
do you mean the tab that connects the lcd ribbon cable to the mobo? if so try taping it down tight with some electrical tape. or for a permanant fix solder the contacts to the cable. you may aswel try seeing as if you ripped the whole connector off you're going to need a new mobo. but first try the tape if that doesn't work then you can try soldering, if that fails then new mobo. sorry dude.

Guppy > Chief Squatting Hard > 1/2 Pint > Fart Sniffer > Tone Deff > Motor Mouth > Allumnist > King of the Wii-tards > Who Farted > Poker Champ > Chaos Lover > Bomb Maker > CyberPyrot Wannabe

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 05:54:58 PM »
before you try soldering try ordering a replacement connector from sparkfun
http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=8355#
and try and get the hatch off of it and put it on your psp. it's a lot cheaper and more reliable then tape and soldering. you might want to order 2 or 3 because it looks a little hard to get off, but it's definitely worth a try at that price

Offline anthonyta

• MFH
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2008, 06:38:23 PM »
OR if you're cheap like us asians you can put a piece of paper in with it and tape it down =]

Offline Blizzrad

• Chaos Lover
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2008, 08:11:15 PM »
before you try soldering try ordering a replacement connector from sparkfun...

Sparkfun's description of this part is a little confusing, but it is actually not intended to be a replacement for the ZIF connector on the PSP motherboard. Sparkfun sells these connectors to be used in other projects involving the Sharp LCD that is used in the PSP. According to VoX (who has worked with these), the Sparkfun ZIF connector has slightly different dimensions, and it is too wide to fit properly on the motherboard. The Hirose FH19SC-40S-0.5SH(05) is a much better match, having ordered one of these connectors myself, I can verify that it is virtually identical to the one used in the PSP.

However, I would definitely try anthonyta's idea before you start ordering or replacing any parts, you can probably fix this problem very quickly and easily with the method he described.

Offline gr8npwrfl

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Ignorance is not fatal it can be cured
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2008, 08:17:05 PM »
If you can wait for about a week before you try something other than tape I can help you.

Sometime this week yet I ordered a surface mount repair station and it should arrive.

I will be able to replace connectors and chips on mobo.

Will be able to offer this as a service to people that want it.

Offline FaT3oYCG

• Registered BST
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • (Modder for hire) Live in your world, Mod in ours.
    • Modern-Gamer.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2008, 11:33:22 PM »
when you put the lcd in it forces that cable to stay in anyway if you clip it into the cage
----- F@T3oYCG -----

VoX

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2008, 12:18:07 AM »
You can not fit the Sparkfun ZIF connectors into the PSP and you can not switch the clasp/clip either as it is a different mechanism. Use the one in the link posted by Blizzrad, its may be your best choice

Offline tmandt

• Club AM VIP
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • o.O tOny! JDMKID
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2008, 12:21:10 AM »
yo i got the same prob but with my backlgiht tab. sorry for stealing your thread but how do i fix it? pm me some solutions

VoX

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2008, 12:35:00 AM »
Solder it on manually, I'm sure there are other ways though

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal