Author Topic: PSP PROBLEMS  (Read 1290 times)

Offline pax

• CyberPyrot WannaBe
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Sig and Avatar by INDYCHASE
    • GAMING LAGOON - Join now for free prizes
PSP PROBLEMS
« on: June 17, 2008, 06:12:21 AM »
hi a mate of mine is having a problem with his psp. everytime he switches it on the umd drive makes wierd noises and he cant read any umd disks. evrytime you turn the psp on it it makes these noises and also when u look inside the umd drive the laser is moving around. i dont know if this is also related to the porblem but everytime you put it into sleep mode it freezes the screen goes blank and the power led flickers, the same happens when you try to turn off the psp. so u have to remove the battery everytime.

heres a link to the video of the umd drive making the noises
http://s307.photobucket.com/albums/nn318/imr4n92/?action=view&current=V170608_1243.flv

Guppy > Chief Squatting Hard > 1/2 Pint > Fart Sniffer > Tone Deff > Motor Mouth > Allumnist > King of the Wii-tards > Who Farted > Poker Champ > Chaos Lover > Bomb Maker > CyberPyrot Wannabe

Offline ra1n

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • I'm not like other girls ^_^
Re: PSP PROBLEMS
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 06:25:34 AM »
There might be something jamming the gears, it happened to me just have a look at those and clean them or use the air blasters

getting old is mandatory growing up is optional.

Offline pax

• CyberPyrot WannaBe
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 06:48:23 AM »
what about the problem where the power led just flickers when you try to turn it off or put it into sleep mode? if i could solve that problem i might buy the psp off him and just remove the umd drive completely. how difficult is it to remove the drive completely

Guppy > Chief Squatting Hard > 1/2 Pint > Fart Sniffer > Tone Deff > Motor Mouth > Allumnist > King of the Wii-tards > Who Farted > Poker Champ > Chaos Lover > Bomb Maker > CyberPyrot Wannabe

Offline Sgt Lovin

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • My PSP is Unmodded still :(
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2008, 09:16:45 AM »
what about the problem where the power led just flickers when you try to turn it off or put it into sleep mode? if i could solve that problem i might buy the psp off him and just remove the umd drive completely. how difficult is it to remove the drive completely

It's quite easy, you have to disassemble it and take out 4 screws and the ribbon cable

Offline pax

• CyberPyrot WannaBe
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2008, 09:34:25 AM »
It's quite easy, you have to disassemble it and take out 4 screws and the ribbon cable

thanks man, i probably wont buy it, but i put custom firmware on it for him so he can backup his umd's and play them off the mem card. if i could fix the freezing and power led problem i would have bought it but i might take out the umd drive for him and install a speaker for him (the noob way - paralel to the other speakers lol)

Offline gr8npwrfl

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Ignorance is not fatal it can be cured
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2008, 10:05:23 AM »
I would think the best bet is removing the UMD drive.

It sounds like it is searching and the system locks up because it does not see the function complete.

If this stops the lock ups then I would say you can pick up a UMD drive from someone here and fix the system.

Offline TaSlAyEr

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • i has a shovel lolz
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2008, 11:00:19 AM »
had the same problem i just ripped the damn thing out :rofl:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal