Author Topic: Re: PSP Slim Powerboard Info by 4dP  (Read 1313 times)

Offline rooker

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: PSP Slim Powerboard Info by 4dP
« on: June 27, 2008, 04:46:12 PM »

4.9v goes through the led,  the led runs only at 3v 20miliamps, are you sure thats 4.9v. coz im going to tap to the powerpoints that u made, do u know where to find 3v point, so that i will directly connect the led to the 3v w/o using resistor coz there is no enogh space for the resistor
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 08:30:58 PM by 4dP »

Offline 4dP

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Modder For Hire - AM Donator
    • Modder For Hire website Hire me
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2008, 08:34:27 PM »
i personally wound never use hte powerboard as my power supply i rather use the mobo 5v point

PINOY AKO

Offline yngmike

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2008, 10:38:22 PM »
I have personally tapped the powerboard for power for LED's...
###Note### Significantly dims power led, but works. Per 4DP I would also recommend tapping motherboard power as it is more versitile for later addtions and overall professionalism.

If you (lightly) scratch off the "A" off the power board (below the LED) it will reveal a nice copper point to solder to(DON'T SCRATCH OFF THE COPPER!!!!).

I have 0805 LED's which are not bright even when connected to the 5V point upstream of the resistor like in L0rdnic0's Sound reactive TUT. I have not used any resistors and my LEDS work fine.
I'm guessing 0603's are a little more particular (lower volt or amperage rating requiring the resistor)

###Note### I was not able to get the lights to turn on connected to the negative LED connections per 4DP's pic (which is effing great I might add).

I would suggest using the WLAN switch as your ground point as it is working perfectly for me.....
If you do not your LED's will continuously drain battery power and be on (but very dim) when the PSP is off as it is constantly shorting power to ground.

SSSSSTTTEEEAADDDY HaNdddsS required

As well as Hot Glue Gun, Exacto Knife 15Watt Soldering Iron, Flux, Paintbrush(for flux) 00 Screwdriver and small dykes.
w3rd

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal