Author Topic: Green power light goes on then off?  (Read 1104 times)

Offline Velocity

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
Green power light goes on then off?
« on: July 17, 2008, 11:17:35 AM »
Ok, first of all this is not because I messed around with the firmware on the psp. I remember my older psp led light stayed on for about 1 second then off. This was because of the firmware being corrupt I believe, anyways Im having the same problem except I didnt even touch the firmware on my psp. it's brand new, was working last night and i just finished installing the soundmod on it. the leds works fine but when i turn it on the light switches off right away! I don't know the problem, i've checked all my cables which are connected, did anyone have a similar problem to this? maybe a fix? i've been spending about 2 hours atm trying to figure it out >.>

thanks a lot

oh, and i don't know if this will help but when i put a pandora battery in it, the light goes on, off on off, same as the leds it flashes.. but the psp screen wont turn on. normal battery just goes on then off.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 11:23:38 AM by Velocity »

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
Re: Green power light goes on then off?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 11:43:45 AM »
Sounds like a short. You should make sure the wires arent touching anything..

Worst thing is it fryed the mobo but idk

Good luck :psp:

Offline Bhawan

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 12:10:48 PM »
a friend of mine has the same problem with his psp he opened it up it worked then when he put it back it was the same problem again...lol

thanks chase for this sig =)
I miss my dragon lol....

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 12:45:10 PM »
Make sure that there is tape over the wires that could stop it.  :hifive:

Offline Sanctus

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2008, 07:37:28 PM »
Yea I remember with my phat psp I installed the sound reactive leds and it all worked but when I put it together it would turn on but then everything would just stop working and turn off after like 30seconds. I soon realized, after a few tries of turning on my psp, and smoke came out of it something was wrong ;). anyways it was just an open wire touching the lcd cage, and when I fixed it I had blown my backlight fuse  :tup: good times

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal