Author Topic: question about xclamp.  (Read 874 times)

Offline tnsmongoose

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
question about xclamp.
« on: January 21, 2009, 11:15:08 PM »
i recenty got the rrod on my xbox 360. my question is after its fixed with the xclamp fix, will it suffer from rrod again after time. how do i prevent rrod from hpening again.

Offline psp339

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: question about xclamp.
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 11:42:09 PM »
I fixed my RRoD too and I have the same question. I researched a little and most people say that it will most likely come back after 4-6 months later. You will be lucky if it doesn't.

Offline Max_Kreeger

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2009, 12:06:56 AM »
Well from what 802Chives has been saying is that. Once you get it all you can do is prolong the life of the system until the next break down. But think about it.....if it fails once its because the components have overheated or whatever...all in all they have been DAMAGED and once something is damaged it not the same as when its brand new, correct ? So there is a chance it will re-occur. To prevent it. I suggest adding another fan in there adding some heat syncs to the chips applying arctic silver or do what I did :P "You want cooling aye ?....I'll give you cooling *slaps M$*" Thread (Not recommended) lol if you do what I did I'm not responsible for anything you screw up.

Offline crazyl69

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2009, 09:10:49 PM »
     Well, yes, there is the chance that it might occur again. How soon? That depends on a couple of factors. Like, how good of a fix you perform on fixing the X clamps, how much do you use the console and how well have you improved the cooling method of the console. By adding a third auxilary cpu 7mm fan inside the console can definately make a big difference in cooling power. Just keep in mind that there is no permanent fix. This has always been a tremendous manufacturing flaw straight from microsoft.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal