Author Topic: backlit analog sticks  (Read 1630 times)

Offline Winterz117

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
backlit analog sticks
« on: September 02, 2008, 03:12:36 PM »
now, i saw this video on youtube, where someone hooked up a multicolor led to illuminate the analog stick and i was wondering why nobody did this for the 360 controller, so i did it! for the wii they have the leds lighting up the analog by putting the led under the base of it, because the wiis analog is white so the light can kinda pass through it. that didnt really work for the 360 controller because its completely opaque so i did some dremeling and cutting and hacking. i got the light to flow over the analogs pretty well, but its kinda dim, so im gona get some more leds and fill it up better but its going well so far. if anyone is interested ill post a tutorial but for now heres some images  :victory:

i used electrical tape as shielding so that the leds didnt shine through the shell where i didnt want them to

the picture came out pretty crappy, ill try to get another of the final product when i add some more leds

Offline redryno1221

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Redrynotuts
Re: backlit analog sticks
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 03:38:07 PM »
no one did it before because the joysticks on the wii are white and there for show the lights alot better than colored ones...
nice job but it would look better with clear joystick :victory:

Offline Blacknight94

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 05:28:21 PM »
no one did it before because the joysticks on the wii are white and there for show the lights alot better than colored ones...
nice job but it would look better with clear joystick :victory:

Now what would be even coolor than what you did winter, is if someone molded a thumbstick and made a clear one out of it. THAT, would be cool.

Offline Winterz117

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 07:14:04 PM »
yeha im working on that, i gota get more leds to make it brighter and do some more cutting but its gona be good. also i have a few vacuum form machines and im going to be doing some molding so i might be able to make some clear joysticks HOPEFULLY

Offline pm666drummer

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Myspace
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2008, 08:07:43 PM »
shouldnt be too hard to make a new joystick. just get some RTV silicone and clear polyester casting resin and you can have it done in about 12 hours total.
WNxh3av3nlyk1n9
xbox live: WNxheaven

Offline Winterz117

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2008, 04:17:56 AM »
yep should be simple

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal