Author Topic: PS360 Controller, DualShock 3 controller in a 360 shell  (Read 12228 times)

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
PS360 Controller, DualShock 3 controller in a 360 shell
« on: July 02, 2008, 05:54:54 PM »
Hey all. Here's my version of the PS360 controller, any feedback is welcome.

PS360 http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=651946#

Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
Re: PS360 Controller, DualShock 3 controller in a 360 shell
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 06:33:55 PM »
the only thing you need to do now is change the logo to that of the ps3 and your golden

Offline F00 f00

• Site Owner
  • MFH
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • International Hobo
    • TailormadeToys
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 06:26:36 AM »
Very nice job. Almost makes me want to make one, but I dont have a ps3 so it would be a little silly.

Offline MARIOPARTY53

• I DONT FAIL
  • BANNED
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pc Gaming Rules
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 09:37:18 AM »
wow dude nice work....again!!! lol
However today I was brutally raped by a door handle, and none of my friends helped me up off the floor after ten minutes, instead they all teabaged me, all 10 of them...

Offline MattZani

• Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Matthew Dear
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 10:26:58 AM »
Awesome work! must have taken a lot of work!

Any inside pics? And an order price ;)
Retired Modder, minor dabbling from now on :P

Offline MARIOPARTY53

• I DONT FAIL
  • BANNED
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pc Gaming Rules
However today I was brutally raped by a door handle, and none of my friends helped me up off the floor after ten minutes, instead they all teabaged me, all 10 of them...

Offline MattZani

• Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Matthew Dear
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2008, 12:01:38 AM »
Oops sorry, missed the link because i was looking at the controller too much... :p

Offline lookkool3

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2008, 02:54:35 PM »
now try and put the rapid fire mod on that control so you can have rapid fire for ps3

BTW can you make a tut for acid mods cause i'm getting a ps3 soon and i already have a 360 and i rather use the 360 controller for the ps3 and if you do manage to get the rapid fire mod on that control can you make a tut for it too? :hifive:

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2008, 01:08:20 AM »

Offline Reaper

• Fear the Reaper!
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Fear the Reaper
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2008, 01:36:04 AM »
That looks great, almost as if it were stock!  Any plans for any other controllers?  (I'd love to see a wii controller crammed into something comfortable, like a Sixaxis that splits in half)

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2008, 01:42:28 AM »
That guide is for one of the older version boards that's kinda hard to find now and doesn't result in the exact controller I've made.

Adding in a R/F mod on top of this wouldn't be hard at all and if ya can even get half way thru something like this ya wouldn't need a tutorial for that. ;)

I honestly have no plans to make a tutorial at present because of the fact there are 2 versions of DualShock 3 controller right now and 3 versions of 360 board that could be used to make the controller the way I do. So to be fair and give someone a chance to even half pull it off following a tutorial I'd have to have all of those versions of board and make 6 different tutorials for starters and then 2 to 3 new ones for any new version board that came out.

PS3 board versions and info
http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=648322

@ Reaper - I don't have a Wii (such a stupid name, ya can't even talk about it without sounding somewhat like a tard) so doing any of those controller mods would be right next to impossible at the moment. If I had one I'm sure I'd try something with the controller, and who knows what it might be, but right now without one to test out what I did it would be pretty pointless of me to even think of things to try. The main reason I have a PS3 is for testing controllers out, I haven't sat and played the thing but once really.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline ryan0

• I EAT STUFF
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I LIEK CHEEEEZE
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2008, 03:12:16 AM »
wow dude that mod is sick!when i was starting out on acidmods i grafted a pc joystick onto a dualshock 2 for playing ace combat and mgs2,controller mods can seem simple but in reality they are uber hard,well done dude hope to see more
Derp.

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2008, 03:36:48 AM »
Thanks ryan0. Yeah some controller mods can be a right witch to pull off, especially when it's something that's going to be handled over and over again and subjected to who knows what kind of treatment. Ya can't just toss something together as it's really all about the function of it, instead of the looks like with case mods, not taking anything away from them, but they're generally for show where as a controller is used for hours on end. Making it look pretty is a very distant second in my book too, but it is in there. ;) Right now I'm messing with installing the PS3 D-pad on the 360 shell, something that will eventually find it's way on to this controller also.

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=655017

Offline MattZani

• Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Matthew Dear
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2008, 11:54:53 AM »
Thats an amazing mod! I hate the 360 DPAD! Worse than the PSP Phat!

Another idea, is PS3 Analog caps onto a 360 controller, or the PS360 controller atleast, as i like the shape of the 360 controller, but theyre buttons etc are all crap lol!

Any chance of a kit? I'd love to do this, but soldering to FPC isnt my strong point :S

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2008, 12:16:49 PM »
A kit for what? the D-pad parts? Not really, as the only place to get them is from a PS3 controller, and that's a good $55 there and wastes the PS3 controller board unless ya have some other plans for it. Plus the amount of Dremel/sanding time on both the shell and D-pad section wouldn't make for a good kit at all, as most of the work still has to be done there.

In any case you'd still have to solder it in place, and 3 of the 5 connections are on Vias that have to be scrapped down. If ya don't like soldering on and FPC connector you'd probably hate that. This Ps3 D-pad mod is also something that, for the meantime anyway, MUST be done on either the CG  (Wireless) or CL (Wired) version of the 360 controller as the PS3 daughter board is a common line setup as well, 3 common lines really but the D-pad is 1 of them so it must be one of those two versions of 360 controller to work with it. The older 'Matrix' style controller board can not be wired up to it because of the way that board is designed.

Offline SplinterDs

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2008, 04:32:12 PM »

PS360 http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=651946#

With this one you can play on both the 360 and PS3

the is already a guide on the interwebs
http://www.engadget.com/2007/05/01/how-to-make-a-ps360-controller/
and this is just the 360 Shell holding the PS3 Controller board witch only controls the PS3

But it would be cool to have one controller the PS3 and 360

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2008, 06:18:46 PM »
You can not play on both the 360 and PS3 with that controller, it's the same thing as the other one, just done a different way.

Making a 360/PS3 controller is doable, but it would be so much work that it wouldn't be worth it.

Offline sethion

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2008, 06:39:39 PM »
Clean job but why put it in the 260 case when inj my opinion the ps3 one is much more comfertable

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2008, 08:09:34 PM »
If I left it in the PS3 shell it would just be a plain old PS3 controller, not really much of a mod there to just open a DS3 from the store packaging and then call it a mod, so that comment doesn't make much sense at all, and like ya said, it's your opinion, not everyone likes the same thing. ;)

Offline sethion

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2008, 11:08:10 AM »
The mod is really good none the less though lol i was just saying that i like the feel of the ps3 controller more =P

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2008, 02:27:09 PM »
You might like this 360 controller I did then. ;)

https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=20626.0

Offline LoneSniper-Z-

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2008, 09:44:53 PM »
can i buy one of those.... and it does work on ps3?? right?

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2008, 01:15:40 PM »
can i buy one of those.... and it does work on ps3?? right?
Depends on which controller you're referring to. The PS360 (PS3 controller in a 360 shell, pic in the first post) works on the PS3. The 360PS (360 controller that is just in the PS layout, the one in the above link) does not work on the PS3 as it's just a 360 controller with the stick/d-pad swapped. I could make one like that and then stuff the PS3 board in there instead, so the 360PS would work like the PS360, making it a PS360PS, P360S or some other funky thing. If you're planning to drop quite a few hundred $$$ on it and waiting at least a couple weeks for me to make one up that can be arranged, though depending on exactly what controller you're talking about and what setup you're wanting it in the price will vary. PM me if you're seriously interested about having one done, they are right time consuming and a good bit complex to build and the price of them does reflect that.

Offline LaCozTe-2028

• BANNED
  • E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I love My Lacoste shirts
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2008, 03:44:24 PM »
hahaha lol dude foofoo should make a dococ with a ps360 controller

try droping it again
my retared friend fixed by droping it
 1Sniper- not to be an :censored: but, its special friend

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk