Author Topic: TA-086 No Power  (Read 2053 times)

Offline vennale

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
TA-086 No Power
« on: October 01, 2008, 06:40:23 PM »

Hi! guys, I was modding my psp yesterday I installed a sound mod LM386 with Led activated on HOLD switch, put it under Wifi board wired everything, put glue (stick glue the one with the glue gun) and even put electrical tape on top of the IC to avoid shorts, put everything back hey, IT WORKS, then charge it because of low battery, after turning it on, No Blink Blink, so I open it again, check the IC, Ic seems fine, close it again. and then NO POWER, no smell of burn parts, nothing, when I plug the charger the led on charge is on, but when I switch it, doesn't turn on my psp. Please help me guys.

Offline rceckspurt13

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
Re: TA-086 No Power
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 07:51:22 PM »
most likely you have broken the power switch.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 07:56:33 PM by rceckspurt13 »
Any Questions? Please Contact Me: rceckspurt13@gmail.com

Offline vennale

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 08:35:18 PM »
is there anyway to fix these by soldering? In case i'll buy a new powerboard, are all phat powerboard the same regardless of their mobo?

Offline psp339

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 09:03:24 PM »
yes all powerboards are the same.

Offline rceckspurt13

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2008, 09:43:55 PM »
you really don't need to but a whole new powerboard unless your sure its the problem. You can check if its the switch by doing this:

Hold the powerboard so that it is the oposite way that it would be in the psp. The power switch should be on the side facing you and the switch itself should be in the lower left corner.

Now that you have it in the proper orientation, take a small conductive material like a wire or a small piece of metal and connect the power switch by connecting the top pin on the switch to the one below it ONLY!

This should cause the psp to turn on. If the psp sill dosent turn on, then the problem is elsewhere. That's when you want to consider changing the powerboard.

Its just much cheaper to change only the switch then the whole powerboard.

The above advise should be fine but Ill include this anyway:

Disclaimer: I take no responsibility for if anything goes wrong.

Offline vennale

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2008, 07:32:05 PM »

by wiring the top pin to the bottom, means its on all the time like when you plug the battery it will turn on automatically? please correct me if this is wrong before I'll solder.

____==___
                          [|  |  |  |]        Assuming this is the switch,  leftmost pin the where I scratch
                           |  |  |  |      for the sound mod over hold switch, I'll just bridge the rightmost pin
                           [______]      and the leftmost pin?

Offline rceckspurt13

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2008, 09:30:54 PM »
No what I mean was to just touch a wire to it once to see if it will turn the psp on. I didnt mean to solder anything. And when you hold it like I said, you connect to the top contact to the one right below it. I'll upload a pic tomorrow after class to show what I mean. It'll probably be about 5 ish so keep your eye out.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 09:35:54 PM by rceckspurt13 »

Offline vennale

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2008, 11:22:38 PM »

thanks rceckspurt13 for the help, my psp is now turning on, I check it lastnight I just clean the pins of the switch then Voila... my psp turned on, the problem I see now is that the battery is not charging, could it be due to the problem I had before with the powerboard switch affected my battery? can this problem be fix without buying a new battery?

Offline rceckspurt13

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2008, 07:50:17 AM »
I would. Just make sure that the connector from the ac port is connected properly to the motherboard. The first time I took my psp apart, I didnt plug that in all the way and my psp would not charge. It scared the crap out of me.

Offline vennale

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2008, 02:09:49 AM »

Actually my psp is turning on fine, the connection pins are ok, the problem is when I plug the power source with the battery in it, led charge indicator shows it's charging, but no progress, then about 40 seconds the battery status change to COMPLETE, with 0%... take out the power source try to turn it on, can't even power on my psp, I think my battery is messed up... anyway thanks guys for all your help, I've learn alot by messing up my psp and putting it back on, maybe I'll buy a new battery and MOD my messed up battery with 3x AAA battery,   :yess:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal