Author Topic: Led switch  (Read 2169 times)

Offline skullheadad

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
Led switch
« on: September 29, 2008, 04:56:42 PM »
hello,
I was wondering if It was possible to make sound reactive leds that use a switch(hold switch). I was thinking of connecting the positive to the speaker and the negative to the hold switch. I was wondering if that could work. Im planning on using 6 red 2.1 volt leds. What power does the speaker use because I have a 27ohm 1 watt resister if it connects to a 5.0v power source. If it isnt 5 volts what resistor should i use? Sorry for so many questions. Also is 300mcd red led bright?

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
Re: Led switch
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 05:04:20 PM »
hello,
I was wondering if It was possible to make sound reactive leds that use a switch(hold switch). I was thinking of connecting the positive to the speaker and the negative to the hold switch. I was wondering if that could work. Im planning on using 6 red 2.1 volt leds. What power does the speaker use because I have a 27ohm 1 watt resister if it connects to a 5.0v power source. If it isnt 5 volts what resistor should i use? Sorry for so many questions. Also is 300mcd red led bright?

Sorry, But it wont work

Yes, Pretty Bright.

Use, http://ledcalculator.net/

I know you are new, But Use the Search next time!

Welcome to Acidmods!

Offline PSPpanda

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Modding is an ADDICTION
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 05:42:58 PM »
Why won't wiring to the Hold Switch work?

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 05:45:45 PM »
He want sound reactive. And it needs the ground and positive from the speaker only. ONLY. Until Alien shows us how to sue the wifi switch.

Offline PSPpanda

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2008, 05:49:22 PM »
if i used a sound board could i wire it to the hold switch?
 and how to you switch the direct contacts on and off?

Offline skullheadad

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2008, 06:15:51 PM »
Ok now that i know that it won't work :faint: I would like to ask which do you think looks cooler, lights that turn on and off with the switch or sound reactive leds that are always on?

Offline PSPpanda

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2008, 06:24:27 PM »
if you use the sound board for the sound reactive LEDs you can wire them to the hold switch so that they are'nt on forever.

:clap:

Offline rceckspurt13

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2008, 06:26:44 PM »
If you use the lm386 for the LEDs, you can turn them on and off with the hold switch simply by using the hold switch as the power supply for the lm. If you want to turn the direct contact ones on and off, you have to add another small switch in there somewhere.

The lights that come on with the hold switch are not as cool as the soundreactive ones, butthey still give the psp some flair. Still better then no lights at all.

The sound reactive ones are much more entertaining to look at and are harder to build. They will make you look like an even better modder. To have them always on though may be bad if you ever come across a situation when you wish you could turn them off. Also when using the direct- connect way, the lights will always be emitting a dim but constant glow even with no music or sound.
Any Questions? Please Contact Me: rceckspurt13@gmail.com

Offline skullheadad

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2008, 06:26:31 PM »
I have a question. How would i be able to put two leds of different colours into the same trigger? do i need to drill a bigger hole and/or do i need to separate them so they dont short curcuit each other? ie hot glue

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2008, 05:15:14 PM »
Ya that will work.

Just be real careful of shorts.

Offline SN!P3R

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-10
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2008, 06:26:15 PM »
He want sound reactive. And it needs the ground and positive from the speaker only. ONLY. Until Alien shows us how to sue the wifi switch.

why sue the wifi switch  :confused: lol jk yeah im still waiting for that tut alien but patience has it virtues
BEST 360 MODDING
HELP OUR ECONOMY!

360 MASHUP THREAD

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal