Author Topic: Can the dual trigger rapid fire chip be used for any other button?  (Read 4881 times)

Offline ukeADDICT

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
 :help: I was wondering if the dual trigger rapid fire chip, or any from this site, could be used on any other button other than the RT and LT buttons.  Its that possible?  I have been looking at xbox-scene on how to add extra ABYX buttons and I had added extra buttons but have failed to produce a rapid fire with the ABYX buttons and the chip.  My thoughts were to just solder the wire to the ABYX button traces and connect them to the chip, but that is also not working (or I am doing it wrong).  I have pin 7 going to the B trace, pin 8 going to my tact button, and pin 2 going the tact button as well.  I have a wireless cg board which is harder to add buttons to the motherboard since it is closer together than the matrix board.  It would be kind if anyone could post a tut or link/point me in the right direction.  Here is the link to xbox-scene tutorial on how to add extra buttons.  http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=618909&st=0
Please look at page 1 and page 2 as you will get an idea on where each button is traced to.  It is a tutorial on how to add extra buttons, but not how to use a chip an wire it to a XBYA button.  Thanks in advance acidmods community.  :tup:

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
Re: Can the dual trigger rapid fire chip be used for any other button?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2008, 05:17:28 AM »
It will probably take custom code to do this.  The problem lies in that Rapid Fire on Trigger is the inverse logic of what is needed for rapid fire on other buttons.  Too hard to fully explain but essentially RF on trigger modifies the existing signal and the existing signal on a cg the trigger is ground or close to it when not pressed and a it is 1.5V when fully pressed any of the ABXY are at 1.5V(may not be 1.5V but this is just conceptual example) when not pressed and ground when pressed.  So you see it is a different beast all together.  Now, I am not sure if you have tried any Acid Mod chips but I think that they will work as long as you don't use any wires on triggers and only buttons(abxy rb lb ect) due to the way the auto sense works in our chips.  they should work one way or the other on a CG, but matrix will not.

Rapid fire on Push buttons will do the job just nicely with a CG controller, however on a matrix it will require a transistor to make the RF button press, but will also work.

Offline FreeK

• a-LeeK
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Team CYBER for life
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 08:47:40 AM »
im pretty sure the chip they sell in the store is ment for all the buttons but if not then i remember hearing someone say kingmike made a chip for all the buttons to work, you could get one of those...but im not sure if the trigger one works on other buttons

Offline gameroms

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2008, 12:43:31 PM »
you better rethink that comment and ask him about it, we adjust code after its complete. to our specs. to get the timing how we want it.  its actually a group effort.  ask him he will tell you.  and actually who cares if its god writing the code.  long as its cheap.

there is so much work involved in this there is no way 1 person that actually had a real job would have the time to do by his self

1. research
2. code
3. test
4. play with timing to get everything working properly.
5. test again
6. adjust timing more.
7. respond to all the bull msg's and email.

since the very first release we have never stopped testing and adjusting the code, and adding new features.

there is three of us that work full time, and it takes all of the spare time that we all three have to get this where its at today.

dont see you doing anything to help.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 12:57:46 PM by gameroms »

Offline gameroms

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2008, 12:54:37 PM »
chad is correct, i got a wire mixed up on the matrix the other day, and wired the rf to the y button using a 3904 transistor, and i had rf on the y button.  not sure that the timing would be what you need, but it would work.

go work on your ps3 code. :)
or did cloning someone else work turn out to be harder than you thought??
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 01:32:30 PM by gameroms »

Offline ukeADDICT

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2008, 02:08:53 PM »
Ima little confused :whoosh: So becuase of the timing with the chip, it may not be possible to make a rapid ABYX etc button?  Or it is possible because one just needs to solder the chip to the ABYX ect buttons?  I do have the rapid fire on the trigger chip but am confused on where to connect the wire from the chip to.  My assumption was that it is possible and just direct the wire from the chip to the button of my choice.  However, I think I am soldering the button wire to the wrong place on the button contact.  Does any one know how to wire the chip to the button contacts (I removed the green covering) or where to wire the chip to (on a cg board)?  Thanks again.

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2008, 09:32:33 PM »
ok ukeAddict,
what I need to know is what you are doing, Better Yet what do you want it for what is the game or what not
What button(s) do you want to hook to rapid fire?
What controller type do you have? (Matrix or Common Ground)
What Rapid Fire Chip are you using? Is it installed and do you want to change it or add another chip?

What I can tell you is that the Dual Rapid Fire from the Acid Mods Store you will be able to hook up 2 buttons out of A B X Y RB LB START BACK RTHUMBCLICK LTHUMBCLICK.

What you cant do is hook up a Rapid Fire on trigger and Rapid Fire on one of the above buttons.

Offline ukeADDICT

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2008, 04:19:13 PM »
Thanks for the reply.  Okay so...

1.  I would like to use the relocate the rapid fire button to use for GoW 2 (if it is possible) and Mega Man 9.
2.  I would like to use the B button as the rapid fire.
3.  I have both matrix and cg wireless motherboards.
4.  I have the dual trigger rapid fire chip.

I hope that helps and thanks again for every ones help.  I can't wait to get this project started. 

Offline ukeADDICT

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2008, 08:04:44 PM »
I've been working on this for a few days now and my assumption is that the chip is not allowing the ABYX buttons to rapid fire.  If anyone has luck on solving my question please reply, but if not it is okay because I don't think it is possible.  I believe that one would have to make another chip to make the ABYX buttons rapid fire.

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2008, 09:13:10 PM »
sorry for leaving you hanging there uke,
Ok so you have Acidmods store's dual rapid fire chip.  The CG is easiest and wont require anymore parts.
You want the b button to be rapid fire, and since you cant have a trigger pick another button that you want to be rapid fire and let me know. Install the chip how you would normally, but leave the lines that go to the right trigger and the left trigger unhooked.
Hook those lines to the places I show you in the following links:

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=618909

In post #13 there is a pictures with the traces outlined, you want to solder to the red one (B).  The best spot is the little cluster of "vias" (holes that transfer trace to other side of board, Red dot in picture) that is to the right of the ROL.  You will have to scrape the via until it is shiny copper not dull copper, I use exacto knife and make light scrapes as it is easy to screw up.  Once you get bare copper solder one of you trigger lines to it.  Do the same for the other button you choose.  the line that comes from pin #7 on the chip has to be hooked up or it won't work(pin #6 doesnt need to be hooked up)

I read somewhere that fingernail polish remover can remove the soldermask that you are scraping, so you could try that and let me know how it works

There is an outside chance that this may not work because the chip isnt designed for it, but there is a pretty good chance it will work. :winker:
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 09:14:45 PM by 802Chives »

Offline ukeADDICT

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2008, 10:44:57 PM »
Thanks for the reply.  I will try soldering my wire next to the ROL and will reply back if it has worked.  One question though, why wouldn't I be able to use the via under SW4?  That is a B trace isn't it.  Any way, I used the via under SW4 and that didn't work so I'll try your method and will hopefully get the results I want.  Will respond back with my results.  Thank you again.  Acidmods :#1:

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2008, 06:50:55 AM »
the via under SW4 should work as long as u used pin#7, but it interfers with the rubber pad.

Offline ukeADDICT

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2008, 12:16:46 AM »
Okay, I am back after a busy week and wanted to share my results.  I have seen how many users have looked at this post but I am sad to say that unfortunately my thoughts on the rapid fire chip working for the ABYX buttons have failed.  I can only conclude 2 things.

1.  I have wired the wires wrong and
2.  The chip doesn't support the game. 

I have followed what Chives said to do, as that was how I had done it prior to posting my question, but have failed.  Maybe someone else will have better luck and if so please post your findings, results, button, and what game it worked for.

Thanks Acidmods community  :#1:

Offline KingMike_OS

• Shop Owner - Products & Support
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +14/-0
  • R&D
    • Modding Shop At the end of the Universe
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2008, 01:24:38 AM »
will its time to make rapidfire for X A B Y ...

i make one see how it comes out ..  :#1:

Offline ukeADDICT

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2008, 03:51:34 AM »
Thanks KingMike.  I'm glad that you are open to ideas and are willing to help out the community.  It won't be long before rapid fire can be mapped to any button.  Keep up the good work.  Acidmods  :#1:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal