Author Topic: Dual rapid fire cg board problem  (Read 3870 times)

Offline E_Freeman85

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
Dual rapid fire cg board problem
« on: November 27, 2008, 10:59:10 AM »
ok so i wired the chip just at the tutorial shows but im having problems if i push the right activation switch to turn on the dual rapid fire is doenst turn on i can press it like 20 times and it will come on then when i press it quickly to turn it off it just switches modes the only way i can turn it off is hit the left trigger activation switch which doesnt do any thing but turn the right trigger rapid fire off i will post pictures if you need but i have wired it exactly at the pictures show on the tutorial.
any help would be great thanks!!
Eric

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
Re: Dual rapid fire cg board problem
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2008, 02:56:58 PM »
ok lets see, which chip and which tut are you using? that would help get you started on the right path.

Offline E_Freeman85

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2008, 03:50:21 PM »
im using the dual rapid fire tut in this section and the the board is a cg board  with the dual rapidfire kit from the acidmods shop

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2008, 04:23:16 AM »
did you jump the three pionts shown in the pic? I am assuming you mean the pcb mod. look closely at the three points shown in pink, on the ??first pic?? it states that these must be jumped for cg controllers. just a start

Offline E_Freeman85

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2008, 10:18:04 AM »
they came jumped but am i sapose to run a wire between the 3 points though that i havent done

:update:
ok i put a wire to jump all 3 of the little peices and all that did was cause both left and right trigger RF to come on with the right 3 mode button and go of with the left and then just pushing the right button changes the mode
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 01:26:34 PM by E_Freeman85 »

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2008, 11:34:20 AM »

first remove that jumper you just applied. the two points at each location should be soldered to each other. this is just to make sure you ordered the correct chip. obviously you did, if they came soldered together

looking at the pcb board you have the long line if holes this is top.

check all wires for me.

top left:
1) blue (goes to left led)
2) red  (goes to power points)
3) black (pcb ground)

top right
1)orange (to right trigger center pin only, they run past the switches, but dont conect here)
2)yellow (same as above, just left side)
3) grey (goes to right led)

bottom left 4 wire cluster
there are 4 holes used here, the blacks are not common as it apears.
left top--black for left switch
left bottom--black for right switch
right top--white for right switch
right bottom--green for left switch

check all the wiring, then chack your pushbuttons these should be momentary contact switches. make sure they are breaking contact when switch is released, and ONLY making contact when it is pressed.

let me know what you find
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 01:47:22 PM by 802Chives »

Offline E_Freeman85

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2008, 01:35:41 PM »
sorry for the double post it wont happen again
and i checked all the connections they are all good and ran the wires as you discribed and no change other than the #4 led doesnt light any more. im about to say F@#* it and just call it a loss and start working to modify my controller to be set up for the pic 12f683 chips im gonna make it where i can change the chip on the fly to reprogram it and a pot to fine tune it fire rate

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2008, 02:03:17 PM »
Ok Freeman85, no need to give up yet. We have sold many of these boards and not a one has had an issue that wasn't installer related.  If you can take a picture of you work and we will be able to see what the issue is from that, if you cant post pix similar to ones pointed out below, start over and only pay attention to the pictures labled:

All wires installed.  Left and rRight Trigger wires ran down each side of controller.

PCB wired.

in This tutorial

If your work looks exactly like what is in those pix then you should have working RF with LEDs. and remember to look careful after a taking a break from work, otherwise you'll never see it.

Offline E_Freeman85

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2008, 08:15:52 PM »
i had it wired just like in that tut but it still didnt want to work so i said screw it and unwired it to start on a interchangeable pic 12f683 mod for my controller im gonna just move on to a new project

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal