Author Topic: Dual rapid fire mod with LED help.  (Read 6553 times)

Offline slippery-beef

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
Dual rapid fire mod with LED help.
« on: November 06, 2008, 01:07:09 AM »
First post, so be gentle :laughing:

I have been browsing this forum for quite a while and finally got a dual rapid fire mod with 3 modes from eBay.

My problem is, I asked the seller if the MOD includes an LED indication and he said yes. When I bought and received the instructions, they said the LED indication is for the NEW controller only. I asked the seller about the OLD controller and the LED but with no reply, and decided to post here to see if you guys can help me :winker:

This is the diagram for the NEW controller:

And for the OLD:

Will/should it work if I follow the directions from the NEW controller?

If you want to see the full instructions, I can host them, they are about 40mb.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Matt.

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
Re: Dual rapid fire mod with LED help.
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 02:30:44 AM »
Well, this came from Ebay so nobody here can truly answer that question. This guy is using my 'diagrams'.

Since there is no resistors on the old one, I can only assume he used an older version of my code. But he may have used his own code and just used my diagrams instead of making his own.

If it is my code, then you can use the following diagram to hook up the LED:

Only use this diagram for pin 2 (use a 470 Ohm resistor and a 1N4148 diode). Wire all other pins according to the diagrams that were given to you.
[Quote from Gamermodz via Viking forums]
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 04:14:49 AM »
that looks like the setup you posted code with on the open source. I have this all ready to go just have not flashed the chip. how well does this work? I found it through search, but nobody has confirmed if it works or how well. I have the open source link saved somewhere, I will dig it out and update this post with it later.
update found it:

here it is, I dont know where the last code came from, that was not right see new post
« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 07:24:32 AM by modded matt »

Offline SYSTEM aka (Cyberpyrot)

• Site Founder
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 04:43:02 AM »
looking at your hex I noticed there are a few "0" missing and one "F"

yup right here "1420165F" should be "14201065FF" right?

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2008, 05:02:32 AM »
looking at your hex I noticed there are a few "0" missing and one "F"

yup right here "1420165F" should be "14201065FF" right?

I dont know? need to learn it. I didnt write it, its hazers code from open source. have not used it yet. I have all the parts to build the programer and I have a dozen of the chips. just havent put it all together and tested. the open source said it works. gamerons said it works??? I dont know.

its sad that this kid bought this kit off ebay using hazers code and the seller would not help him, and just by coincidence he found his way back to hazer for help. thats ironic.

slipery beef, how much did you pay for this kit?? just curious?

Offline SYSTEM aka (Cyberpyrot)

• Site Founder
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2008, 05:56:29 AM »
I was just kidding

Offline gameroms

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2008, 06:51:29 AM »
THE PICS BELONG TO A MOD ON X-S. you might have modded the original pics.

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2008, 07:18:38 AM »
missin a 0 and an F............ :huh: :rofl: :hifive: best thing i have read in long time.

ok if LED works on New controller then it will work with old using a transistor and a couple resistors.  However the easiest thing to do in ur case is hook up ur own LED with postive going to LED pin and negative going to ground

Offline slippery-beef

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2008, 08:54:40 AM »
I apoligize to whos code it is, the seller claims he made it and its a new version. I only bought it because it was cheap.

802Chives  - I like the sound of using my own LED, could you point out on the diagram which thing goes where, and will it be a 3mm LED that I need?

Hazer - Thanks for the diagram, but if I can use an extra LED, I would prefer it.

Cheers guys

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2008, 09:18:16 AM »
I apoligize to whos code it is, the seller claims he made it and its a new version. I only bought it because it was cheap.

802Chives  - I like the sound of using my own LED, could you point out on the diagram which thing goes where, and will it be a 3mm LED that I need?

Hazer - Thanks for the diagram, but if I can use an extra LED, I would prefer it.

Cheers guys
No need to apologize for peoples code.....the truth of the matter is there are really only 3 people who have written 3mode code, and that is myself(acidmods), hazer(opensource), and the Picaxe guys over at X-S(cant remember who). I am 99% sure you have a chip with hazers code.

But it doesn't matter because LEDs don't care whos code it is :boxed: No need for diagram, just hook up you LED anode(+) to pin2 and LED cathode(-) to pin8.  Hazer would suggest using a resistor between LED cathode and pin 8 to be safe, like 100ohm to 1kohm depending on how bright you want it.  However I believe that you can hook it up straight without resistor(for maximum brightness) because the pins on the chip are limited to 25mA output which is within the range of LED operating current.(been debated whethor or not chip can damage LED without limiting resistor)

if you were to buy a SMT LED or 3mm LED or a 5mm LED from the same manufacturer, the will all be the same thing, just different packaging. so it is up to you what package u buy.

Offline slippery-beef

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2008, 10:08:24 AM »
Thanks you very much for your reply, I wondered why I wasn't getting much of a reply from the eBay seller. Thats because he doesn't really have a clue.

Now I know where to put the LED, I shall get to work and install it  :drunk:

Thanks again!

Offline 40_ounce

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2008, 04:27:44 PM »
Next time just spend a few more dollars and save yourself a headache buy from https://acidmods.com/ShopUSA/
 :drunk:

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2008, 07:42:50 PM »
THE PICS BELONG TO A MOD ON X-S. you might have modded the original pics.

Very true. That is why I said they were my 'diagrams'. The drawings on the picture are mine.

But it doesn't matter because LEDs don't care whos code it is  No need for diagram, just hook up you LED anode(+) to pin2 and LED cathode(-) to pin8.  Hazer would suggest using a resistor between LED cathode and pin 8 to be safe, like 100ohm to 1kohm depending on how bright you want it.  However I believe that you can hook it up straight without resistor(for maximum brightness) because the pins on the chip are limited to 25mA output which is within the range of LED operating current.(been debated whethor or not chip can damage LED without limiting resistor)

To elaborate: All of my codes use a 50Hz PWM signal on the LED output. It is effectively half the output voltage and theoretically safe for any and all LEDs. The only problem is if someone alters the code and the output gets stuck in one state. If that happens, then you could be feeding the LED with 3V. All green LEDs in any shape or form are rated for 2.2V @ 20mA. The maximum ratings for the PICs output are 25mA. This does not mean the output is somehow regulated for 25mA, it means if you try to source more than 25mA then you are risking burning out the pin:

† NOTICE: Stresses above those listed under “Absolute Maximum Ratings” may cause permanent damage to the
device. This is a stress rating only and functional operation of the device at those or any other conditions above those
indicated in the operation listings of this specification is not implied. Exposure above maximum rating conditions for
extended periods may affect device reliability.
Pg 115 PIC12F683 datasheet.

Just in case you are reffering to the clamp current:
Output clamp current, IOK (Vo < 0 or Vo >VDD)...± 20 mA

This means that the maximum allowed current the pin can handle is 20mA IF the voltage on that pin is outside of normal operating voltages (0-Vdd).

In conclusion: Do not expect the PIC to provide a safe current for an LED. The only way to guarantee the current through the LED is through a resistor. If you dont have a resistor, I strongly suggest verifying the current through the LED with a good multimeter before assuming things are OK just because the LED has not burnt out YET.
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

Offline slippery-beef

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2008, 11:36:00 PM »
I'm learning something new everyday at this forum! Its great!!

Cheers Hazer, I have a 1k Ohm resister that came with the kit, I shall put that on to be on the safe side, with a 3mm LED.

Does Acidmods ship to the UK? If so, I would rather buy from Acidmods then some Tom Frank or Harry that doesn't have after sales help.  :winker:

Offline KingMike_OS

• Shop Owner - Products & Support
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +14/-0
  • R&D
    • Modding Shop At the end of the Universe
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2008, 01:16:39 AM »
yes i ship to UK

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2008, 02:52:53 AM »
If you can find one, try using a 220 Ohm resistor. I originally speced a 470 Ohm but most people found it to be too weak.

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2008, 06:44:57 AM »
Haha, I knew hazer would come back with the evidence for limiting the LED.  Fine Hazer I officialy retract my statement for not using resistor with LEDs on a pic.  In certain situations it is very possible to damage the output of the pic.

Use a resistor, it is always good shop practice to limit ur LEDs
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 06:49:23 AM by 802Chives »

Offline slippery-beef

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2008, 08:58:42 AM »
The closest thing I have Is 360 ohms, I will try this and see how it goes :)

Offline slippery-beef

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2008, 04:22:43 AM »
Installed but can't get the LED to light, so I have left that out. I tried it with and without a resister.

The Chip itself works good! I have tried it on MoH airbourne and works good with the pistol.

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2008, 07:32:21 AM »
ok I found wht I was looking for the last code was from somewhere else, this is the proper code and diagrams thanks hazer. this works great first time.

this is everything you need:

http://forum.microchip.com/attachment.aspx?m=364122

this works great, good job hazer

I used this to program:

https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=22283.0

total cost around $30.00, including programer with enough parts to mod 4 controllers.

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2008, 11:24:45 AM »
Installed but can't get the LED to light, so I have left that out. I tried it with and without a resister.

Are you certain the LED was not backwards?

Offline slippery-beef

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2008, 01:00:20 PM »
Are you certain the LED was not backwards?

Yes, I tried its both ways, and tested the LED was working before and after.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal