Author Topic: shape perspex???  (Read 1547 times)

Offline ale_c

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
shape perspex???
« on: December 15, 2008, 09:28:53 AM »
in the window i have in my 360 i would like to have somthing pushing out of the perspex dose any one know how i would go about this??

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
Re: shape perspex???
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2008, 09:47:26 AM »
perspex = plexiglass.  You are wanting to make a protrusion in the plexiglass? What kind of shape did you have in mind?

I would suggest using a heatgun as the melting point of most plexiglass is relatively low.  I would make the piece over sized until you have made the protrusion and then cut it to size as inevitably the stock piece will change size and shape as you mold your protrusion.  If you are looking for a particualar type of protrusion like a toy or something you will need to ever so slightly heat ur plexiglass and press onto the thing you are using to make the protrusion.  The key will be only heating the plexiglass enough to deform, but not melt.

Practice on several pieces to make sure your method is sound before attempting your window.

Offline ale_c

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008, 11:16:20 AM »
thanx
wot shape should i do im thinking ether a skull or a big X or just scraping the idar and eching xbox 360 on to it
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 11:32:08 AM by 802Chives »

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2008, 11:37:07 AM »
It all depends on what your preference is.  Personally I would like to see the shaped window, as etching has been done, over and over again(see jewels).  A skull would be cool, and with lighting accents it may have a very cool look to it.  An X would be simple but maybe there is a way to make the Xbox Spere with a ball of somesort pressed on one side and then take an x and do it in reverse on the other side.

Also a vacuum form machine my be an alternative to the Heatgun idea, except with thinner material.  I suggest at least attempting you original idea before going with a less unique engraving/etching idea :winker:

Offline ale_c

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2008, 11:41:47 AM »
i think if i can find the rite skull i will do that with the ball idair do u mean on the oposite side push in a ball??? the mobo would be in the way wouldnt it??? and im thinking useing eching along side it as in detail on the skull teeth ect and some whriting

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2008, 12:05:57 PM »
use the ball to push the window out, and then push the x back in.  Etching in addition to the forming will be slick, good idea.

Offline ale_c

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2008, 12:28:01 PM »
im thinking get a wooden ball engrave the X into it and do it that way and then etch the X on the plexiglass
and wen i get good do you think i could make mony from selling the moulded windows?????
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 12:35:22 PM by ale_c »

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2008, 07:53:48 AM »
for sure! people would love to buy molded windows, as long as they are of professional quality. Good Luck  :victory:

Offline ale_c

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2008, 04:36:28 AM »
would acid mods whant to buy any???

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2008, 05:58:46 AM »
Acidmods is always looking for new products to sell in our shop. Like I said before, if you make a professional quality product we can look into ways of marketing it for you.  First thing we would do is a market survey using ebay, once we see that it is a viable product we would add it to the shop as well as in forums and craigslist.

The best way to market them is to make a really nice mod that uses them and post it in the forums, create some buzz and get people wanting them.  Once you have successfully done that, we can worry about getting them to the consumer.  Again, Good Luck

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal