Author Topic: need bright leds  (Read 2160 times)

Offline armis

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
need bright leds
« on: December 19, 2008, 07:02:43 PM »
i need 10 yellow 10 green 10 red
i really need them to be bright
anyone give me the site if you can find it pl0x. ty

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
Re: need bright leds
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2008, 08:42:09 PM »
I don't know for a fact these leds are bright, but MCD is a measure of how bright leds are and I've provided the MCDs I have found along with a link to the led. These are the brightest I could find.

http://mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?qs=7JStj%2fjQ2SEx15i3T4cJLw%3d%3d yellow led - 160mcd

http://cgi.ebay.ca/50-PCS-0603-SMT-SMD-500-mcd-GREEN-LED-Free-Ship_W0QQitemZ220278241574QQcmdZViewItemQQptZBI_Electronic_Components?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116 green led - 500mcd (Sorry, the lowest quantity lot they sell is 50 leds. They're supposed to be really bright though)

http://cgi.ebay.ca/50-PCS-0603-SMT-SMD-450-mcd-RED-LED-Free-Ship_W0QQitemZ220278241159QQcmdZViewItemQQptZBI_Electronic_Components?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116 red led - 450mcd (Again, sorry the lowest quantity lot they sell is 50 leds. They're supposed to be really bright though)

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

Offline armis

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2008, 07:41:10 AM »
ahh 50 is too much rly... since i only need 10 of red yellow green and also white. (incase i mess up on them)
so 150mcd will be bright or no?

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2008, 08:27:26 AM »
It should be decent. Although 500 is much brighter. Plus, buying 50 is a good idea... Otherwise, when you go on to other mods, you'll have to buy again.... and again... and if you buy from mouser, shipping is like 5-10 bucks, and buying in bulk is always cheaper. Also, what happens if you attempt a mod, mess up too much, and waste all your leds? Then what do you do? From my experience as a noob modder, I bought 20 blue leds thinking "heh, I'll be fine..." and ended up blowing like 15 of them and in the end, I only finished one led swap. I suppose if you're tight on money or you just really don't want to buy so many leds, you could go to mouser.com, and do a quick search for the highest mcd leds. I'll warn you though, the highest for yellow is only 160, the highest for red is 300, and the highest for blue is like 130.

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2008, 09:23:22 AM »
It should be decent. Although 500 is much brighter. Plus, buying 50 is a good idea... Otherwise, when you go on to other mods, you'll have to buy again.... and again... and if you buy from mouser, shipping is like 5-10 bucks, and buying in bulk is always cheaper. Also, what happens if you attempt a mod, mess up too much, and waste all your leds? Then what do you do? From my experience as a noob modder, I bought 20 blue leds thinking "heh, I'll be fine..." and ended up blowing like 15 of them and in the end, I only finished one led swap. I suppose if you're tight on money or you just really don't want to buy so many leds, you could go to mouser.com, and do a quick search for the highest mcd leds. I'll warn you though, the highest for yellow is only 160, the highest for red is 300, and the highest for blue is like 130.

How do you blow up 15 leds? Most people don't do that even as nooby as can be. I never ruined a LED even as a noob, the only time i ever lost one is it if dropped of my desk.

And honestly the higher MCD means squat, I have whites from mouser that where rated like 300 mcd and j.s2ghetto has 2300 mcd leds from ebay and they are like the same brightness.

And If they where uber bright you wouldn't like them in the end, they burn your eyes..

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2008, 09:31:46 AM »
lol okay fine listen to Jumbo lol... And I when I say blow I mean I lost them... I'd keep trying soldering to them then I'd get up walk away, come back, and I'd never find it again lol. I am UBER noob. See, I'm not like everybody else. I'm LOWER...

Offline armis

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2008, 11:24:25 AM »
out of 30 leds i only ended up with like 13.
Maybe i should replace yellow led with orange...? maybe not a big difference?

Offline j.s2ghetto

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • GHETTO inside
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2008, 12:13:55 PM »
How do you blow up 15 leds? Most people don't do that even as nooby as can be. I never ruined a LED even as a noob, the only time i ever lost one is it if dropped of my desk.

And honestly the higher MCD means squat, I have whites from mouser that where rated like 300 mcd and j.s2ghetto has 2300 mcd leds from ebay and they are like the same brightness.

And If they where uber bright you wouldn't like them in the end, they burn your eyes..

can i see those 300 mcd leds  cuz to me it makes a big diff if u look at my jewel red leds they r at a low mcd (i think 300-400 mcd) and are super dim compared to my 2300mcd leds trust me it does make a diff
if ur 300 mcd is still super bright in day light then i am wrong

thank u P3nnywise for the sig
"See you have to understand the difference. The difference between me and you is to you, this is your job. To me, this is my life. The club; that's my job. The mall; that's my job. Your neighborhood; that's my job. This studio; this is my life. This is what I do better than anything."

Offline armis

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2008, 12:32:35 PM »
ghetto ..... is there much diff between orange and yellow? maybe u got those leds

Offline j.s2ghetto

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • GHETTO inside
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2008, 01:31:40 PM »
i have orange but they suck i bought them when i was a noob a long time ago i just have them in a bag the last time i tried using them i exploded it for fun cuz it was so dim
but ya orange and yellow are hard to find bright but if it was me i would get the orange cuz it is darker it would be easier to see in the light

thank u P3nnywise for the sig
"See you have to understand the difference. The difference between me and you is to you, this is your job. To me, this is my life. The club; that's my job. The mall; that's my job. Your neighborhood; that's my job. This studio; this is my life. This is what I do better than anything."

Offline armis

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2008, 02:06:21 PM »
http://unique-leds.com/index.php?target=products&product_id=1733
Amber - i looked up on google.... ITS YELLOW! kind of dim tho... so idk
« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 02:10:31 PM by armis »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal