Author Topic: this is weird  (Read 1098 times)

Offline miceen0

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
this is weird
« on: December 28, 2008, 07:01:38 PM »
I just recently updated to 5.00m33-4 (with the 1.50 kernal addon) and I've found a "bug" with my psp. I probably shouldn't call it a bug because it is really a convenience.

Ok, I bought Starwars Battlefront Renegade Squadron and I backup all my games (legally), so I backed it up and compressed to a .cso. On 3.80m33-5 if I wanted to run any .iso/.cso I would change my game folder kernal to 1.50 and my UMD driver to the Sony NP9660 no UMD driver and then in the XMB I'd run the game and play it. Long story short, I found that on MY psp running 5.00m33-4 can run .iso/.cso with all the settings default. With the 5.xx kernal for the game folder and the Normal UMD required mode for the UMD driver.

I originally thought this was an update that Dark AleX slipped in, that would auto detect that you were running a .iso/.cso. But I couldn't find anything on it. So I got my friends psp (he has a phat too) and I updated his to 5.00m33-4 with the 1.50 kernal addon. I even modded his 0-12.bmp so he gets black waves (just like mine). HIS psp needs the 1.50 kernal kernal for the game folder and the Sony NP9660 no UMD driver in order to run Battlefront .cso.

So I figured I'd post to see who's psp was the normal one. Has anybody else found this "bug".

Oh yeah, I can run .iso/.cso with the other settings too (1.50 kernal for the game folder and the Sony NP9660 no UMD driver). And I haven't tried this with any other .iso/.cso.

Offline Bhawan

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +2/-0
Re: this is weird
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 11:02:13 AM »
ok dude.... 1st of all you don't need 1,5 addon for playing iso/cso....

thanks chase for this sig =)
I miss my dragon lol....

Offline miceen0

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: this is weird
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 08:34:41 AM »
ok dude.... 1st of all you don't need 1,5 addon for playing iso/cso....

I am fully aware of that, but I use 1.50 homebrew, like deadulas. I just listed the current state of my psp so someone could try to replicate it.

I have a slim too, and it will brick if you install the 1.50 kernal addon, but you change the game folder kernal to 1.50 and the UMD driver to the Sony NP9660 no UMD , in order to play .iso/.cso. All I want to know is if someone else has stumbled upon this too, or did I  :censored: up my flash0. I'm not a noob with psp software, I've just never seen this before.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal