Author Topic: I think i broke my psp >.<  (Read 1446 times)

Offline H4X0R

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
I think i broke my psp >.<
« on: January 05, 2009, 05:19:51 PM »
Here's what happened:

I was upgrading my firmware to 5.02 GEN, and while it was in the process of upgrading(the loading part on the psp), i got bored, so i decided to read the txt file that came with it.  I was shocked at the part that said it would no longer support ISOs and POPs, so i decided to stop it.  I did the dumbest thing in the world, and pulled the batteries out in a futile attempt to stop it.  When i turned my psp back on.... well... nothing happened, it only shows the green light, signifying that it's on.  But the Mem. Stick's LED wasn't flashing, so it probably didn't brick, i already tried to access the menu thing when i turn it on and press "R".

So can n e 1 help me? please? :beg:

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
Re: I think i broke my psp >.<
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 05:22:04 PM »
Its bricked. Use pandora battery to fix it... NEVER pull at battery out while its upgrading.

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 05:30:13 PM »
Just cause the mem stick led doesn't flash doesn't mean it's not bricked =\

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

Offline Darkzero

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 10:00:07 AM »
Here's what happened:

I was upgrading my firmware to 5.02 GEN, and while it was in the process of upgrading(the loading part on the psp), i got bored, so i decided to read the txt file that came with it.  I was shocked at the part that said it would no longer support ISOs and POPs, so i decided to stop it.  I did the dumbest thing in the world, and pulled the batteries out in a futile attempt to stop it.  When i turned my psp back on.... well... nothing happened, it only shows the green light, signifying that it's on.  But the Mem. Stick's LED wasn't flashing, so it probably didn't brick, i already tried to access the menu thing when i turn it on and press "R".

So can n e 1 help me? please? :beg:

..Why didn't you just wait for it to finish, then downgrade?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal