Author Topic: PSP Mod help  (Read 1273 times)

Offline dctravis

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
PSP Mod help
« on: January 13, 2009, 03:08:48 PM »
Hello I registered on acidmods because you guys have soo many cool mods and other stuff and I had a few questions and wanted to make this post. I was curious as to whether or not a tutorial has already been made for the psp fat to install the second analog stick or razor as ive seen it called, and the clear case with the blue leds. I have seen tons of tutorials on how to install the leds but never actually seen where to buy the case from. also what size leds are good for this project and how badly would this affect how long the battery lasts for. I also like the start button as the power button mod and was wondering if you could point me to a tutorial for that as well. Last but not least I currently have a psp fat but want a slim as well. Which slims can be hacked with the pandoras battery, does anyone know. I would prefer getting a brand new psp so that it wont look bad but i figure if it is my only choice now i am willing.

P.S. the walmart I work at has to of the PSP-2000 daxter bundles. would this be homebrew capable. or do you know any ways that i can just literally look at the used psps at gamestop and tell which can be hacked and which cannot. I do already know that the psp-3000 cannot and i know about the two different motherboards for the 2000 and that is why i am asking. so basically my question is, how can i tell if it has the right motherboard.

also if you could point me towards a cheap but decent soldering gun, solder, and flux i would be very appreciative.

lastly if you could please list the price of the above mods if you do know about them it would be much appreciated.

Thank you for your time and I hope that I will be hardware modding my psp in no time ;)

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
Re: PSP Mod help
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2009, 03:20:30 PM »
okay.

There is no dual nub tut yet on acidmods, but PSP-Gen has one in french, but you could translate it into english.
Case can be bought from dealextreme.com, coolmods.co.uk, ebay.com, all have them.
0603 leds are good and it barely affects battery life. Power button rewire mod can be found in tut section.
Daxters should be hackable.
You could get a soldering iron 15w off radioshack for like 10 bucks, same with solder and flux
A clear case from dealextreme would cost 20 bucks, and one from coolmods would cost 40 or so. 100 leds would cost about 30 bucks, and some wire, soldering iron, flux, and solder would cost like 35 bucks, maybe. So total to do all this, would be about 85-105.

Edit: Frosty moved it to PSP 1000 and then Noah moved it to tutorials lol :P

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

Offline filipinofryrice

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • The Sky's The Limit
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2009, 06:07:22 PM »
Be ready to kill a ton of leds... I tried putting in leds in my psp and when i finally get it all wired they break when I put them where they should be. I just don't have that much soldering experience but yea just be ready for that haha.

Offline dctravis

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 12:58:57 AM »
are the 0603 standard sound reactive? or is that a boost in price.

Offline filipinofryrice

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • The Sky's The Limit
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2009, 01:57:31 PM »
From what I understand it just depends where you solder they aren't specially made to be sound reactive.

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2009, 11:00:27 AM »
All 0603 leds are the same. To make them sound reactive, you must either plug them up to the speakers, or use an amp and plug THAT to the speakers. As for killing leds, yeah I suggest a good 100 to start with, because in the beginning, I broke like 20-25 =\

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal