Author Topic: Just another all-rounder  (Read 2049 times)

Offline kringle185

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
Just another all-rounder
« on: January 30, 2009, 01:42:41 PM »
Ive been spending the past months freetime on this site, almost all of it. :faint: I find this crap pretty interesting. So I decided to sign up and actualy post a little. Ive been in PSP Software modding not long but I understand it pretty good. I know HTML, metal work, carpenting, graphics design, moding. I guess Im just all over the place right now, got some money to blow presently and Im probably gonna blow it on this. Im doing some mod work and small random jobs in the local area (Bloomington, MN) I can make about 10 bucks for some rapid fire install, 30 for a xbox flash, and 50 for spray paint design, window, and LED's, as long as they pay for all these parts.

I have a flashed 360 (which has been wide open and used for about the past month, wana do some work on that. A cfw psp, and some other random electronics i intend to work with.

Some personal info, Im still in highschool, Im only 16, I'm 6'9'' towering most all of my friends (yes its awesome, :angry: Ive got power), havent got an idea what I wanna do, right now Im all over the place.

If you want a job done Ill do it, have a question ill answer it (to the best of my knowledge) 

So, hello again, and good day.  :victory:

P.S. One of the stupidest arguments Ive had in a while, its been going for a while now. You dont have to answer, just an opinion thing. Do call a soft drink, Soda or Pop...yea its dumb, but Im from Duluth, and I dont know anybody else who says soda. My friends think that only rednecks and vagabonds say soda, w/e.

P.S.S. Since I intend to do some mod work this weekend, but I dont have much to work with...I have some 30 kaynar wire (something like that can never remember name...) A dremel, soldering iron, some fans and some 1x1 sheet of high quality plexiglass. Do you recomend anything? I can rip some LED's out of a bunch of crap I dont use anymore, Like a razr v3, dvd player (portable and not) and like 5 cable boxes.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 02:24:09 PM by kringle185 »

Offline ra1n

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • I'm not like other girls ^_^
Re: Just another all-rounder
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 03:56:59 PM »
hello there glad you join

p.s. i call it soda and i'm not a redneck lol trust me with that one

getting old is mandatory growing up is optional.

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 04:17:24 PM »
Hey. I call it pop, but when I said it on msn to someone from the US, they all went "haha, pop..." Idk. Also, fyi, you should charge more for a rapid fire mod :) a 360 controller is like 40 bucks, but some people sell rapidfire controllers for like 100. Good luck with your mods and I recommend you don't really do much until you buy some more modding supplies. LEDs would be a start. What are you planning on modding? Your 360? I'm only good with psps so if you're modding 360s, I can't really help you there.

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

Offline Advent

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2009, 08:47:07 AM »
In Illinois we call it soda. When I lived in Nevada, Texas, and Indiana it was also called soda, but some people in Indiana called it pop. Also welcome dude can't wait to see what you can do!!!

"Brothers, what we do in life... echoes in eternity."
"Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back."

Offline loganbyers07

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2009, 08:52:58 AM »
I call it soda. So does everyone else in my town. And there are a BUNCH of "Cotton Pickin" Rednecks in my town. Lol

Thanks for the sig dhuvrock2000

The best way to get cool gaming stuff for free!

Offline DarkShot

• I approve your mom
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • ÜBERRAPESKILLETS
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2009, 08:57:35 AM »
I call it all 3, but pop mostly.

I live in the part of Canada that ain't full of alot of hicks.

Welcome to the Forums.

Offline IndyChav

• Original.
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2009, 09:26:49 AM »
We call it whatever it is lol
We dont generalise...

Offline kringle185

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2009, 11:07:53 AM »
Thanks for the replys.
And yea, Im planning on modding both my PSP (Phat) and my 360.

For the PSP im gonna try and see if I can dismantle an old Razr V3 and get it in and be usabel (bit of a retaliation to the iPhone) Plus some of the more general stuff that people have tuts for, gonna also try puting in a beter speaker, maybe where the battery is and have it flip out for movies, and move the battery to where the UMD reader is after I rip that out (dont use it anymore CFW)

As for my 360, Im thinking the normal case mods, some LED's, some cold cathodes, I have some quality Plexi glass to work with to make a window. Im also debating a water cooling system and internalize it, so I dont need to worry about having problems and needing that waranty I voided the crap out of...Supprised there really isnt anything else to do with the 360, just make it pretty and cool it down.

I also have a PS3 I wouldnt mind messing up because its pretty well built. Not many mods have been made for it. Ive seen some LED mods, but those are external ones that didnt look all that great. Gonna see If I can curve that plexi glass and make a window on the top, maybe pop it in the oven on warm and hope it doesnt burn, then mold it to a curve. Might possible think about increasing the HD size and put linux on it, which sony actualy supports with their waranty, put some movies on it and use it as more of a media center, dont really use it all that much. The 360 is beter when it comes to games that come out for both PS3 and 360, but the PS3 exlucives can get pretty :censored: awesome, like resistance and MGS4 are pretty good.

If you have any ideas for anything I have I'd be happy to hear it, plus Id probably try it if it's not already in planning.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal