Author Topic: psp phat mod help  (Read 3110 times)

Offline skd05

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
psp phat mod help
« on: February 12, 2009, 12:16:56 AM »
i have evry thing to do the umd and trigger led mod i have look at just about evry tut can some one please tell were the exact spot to solder so i can turn them off with the hold or the wifi switch.(i have a phat)and were can i buy the umd jewel from :hifive:

Offline ApheX

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • PSP And PSP Slim Case/Hardware Modder
    • ApheX MoDs
Re: psp phat mod help
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 01:23:51 AM »
You can get jewels from the acidmod jewel shop here, https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?board=381.0.

As for where to solder, i would recommend using the wifi swich. i never understood why people would want to lose there hold function. still, each to there own i suppose. ok, i don't have a photo but this should help you understand where to solder.

Just bridge the closest two pins on the wifi swich an solder the ground wire to the last pin that stands by itself.
If you have any questions please ask :)

Offline skd05

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 07:31:11 AM »
first off thanks for your speedy responce.Those jewel are rad going to get one.Ok Im sorry if this sound stupid i understand the wifi switch kinda.what do u mean by bridge and second .pos wire were is v5.Ha all this  electricial stuff is all new to me but i love doing it and to see how it turns out.Last thing could i run another led to the umd door and would hace to add another resister.thank :hifive:s

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2009, 01:30:45 PM »
You can also get jewels from shatteredmods.com :tup:

As for bridging, he means connect the two pins together, whether it be dropping a blob of solder, connecting it with a piece of wire, etc.

5v point is here circled in red:

and to add another led to the umd door, you could connect it to the same resistor.

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

Offline skd05

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2009, 07:40:43 PM »
Yo thanks for all your help i"ve asked alot of question and i"ve got alot of nothin like i'm wasting alot of people time.So atleast im boing in the right direction thanks again.Will i still be able to conect to the internet once i do this bridge
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 08:13:56 PM by skd05 »

Offline rceckspurt13

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2009, 10:34:41 PM »
yes. Thats the point of the bridge. It allows the psp to have it's wifi active no matter what position the switch is in, on or off. With the LEDs wired the way of the first diagram, the wifi switch provides a ground for the LEDs. The LEDs will come on then the wifi switch is in the off position (down).
Any Questions? Please Contact Me: rceckspurt13@gmail.com

Offline crazyl69

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2009, 10:36:06 PM »
     YES...The point of bridging the two closest wifi pins is so the wifi switch would remain contantly on and allow you to turn (on) and (off) the switch for the purpose of lighting the leds. Don't worry, this wiring set up will not harm your psp or the internet connectivity.

Offline skd05

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2009, 12:46:48 AM »
i would also like to mode my slim umd door but on the inside of the door there are those thing that hold down the umd down they must be preasure spring.so if i cut those out will umd not be able to be red.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 12:50:13 AM by skd05 »

Offline rceckspurt13

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2009, 10:42:59 AM »
It would still read the umd. I don't know if you noticed or not, but there is a piece of metal inside of the umd. That sticks to a magnet on the spinner inside the psp. That should be able to hold the umd down.

You could also relocate those. After you cut the ring out, attach those around the outside of the opening and have them face inward.
Any Questions? Please Contact Me: rceckspurt13@gmail.com

Offline skd05

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2009, 08:49:47 PM »
I need to by the whole shell for the slim an the phat .I looked on e-bay but every thing is from china or hongkong is there a place in the us.

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2009, 09:06:02 PM »
There aren't many places that sell shells out of China... There's one in the UK (coolmods.co.uk), but other than that, I don't know of any. I think I found a few sellers on ebay from Canada/US, but I can't remember their names. Just go to ebay, do an advanced search, and search for items only in the us. Nothing wrong with buying from China, unless you want the shell really quick, but dealextreme.com is great if you don't mind the wait. Their stuff is supposedly less than quality, but most people that I talk to never have a problem with them.

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

Offline skd05

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2009, 10:23:44 PM »
I did the trigger mod i asked about were i used the wifi switch to v5.Know i would like to run 2 more led to my umd door how whould i go about that could i just do the same thing sodder 2 more led two the same point and do i need another resister and are differnt colors stronger then others.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal