Author Topic: headset stuck on...mod to fix by chance?  (Read 1151 times)

Offline tsantsa

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
headset stuck on...mod to fix by chance?
« on: April 11, 2009, 08:23:22 PM »
I happen to have a controller that works just fine except for the headset.  The headset works just fine except it won't automatically mute itself if there is no activity from the mic.  It's not a headset problem as the headsets I have function correctly when used in different controllers and any headsets used in the 'bad' controller have the same problem.

I figure I would ask here if anyone knows why this is happening and if I can correct it with some sort of mod or something.

Thanks alot.

Offline Venom_762

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: headset stuck on...mod to fix by chance?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2009, 11:59:00 PM »
Just get a Wireless one.

Offline FreeK

• a-LeeK
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Team CYBER for life
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2009, 04:54:50 PM »
i dont really understand what your saying.

like is there still feedback when when your not talking or what?

cuz if theres noise going through it then theres noise going through.

maybe some more explanation?

Offline tsantsa

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2009, 05:25:47 PM »
What I am saying is that with the controller in question, any wired headset i use (havent tried a wireless headset and probably wont) leaves the headset on.

IE, we are on a team in Halo 3 and someone has an open mic all the time, whether they are speaking or not.  It's not bothersome to me since I can't hear it, but it irks my teammates. 

I was hoping someone here may have had a similar problem and figured out how to fix it by doing something to the controller.

another thing, even if I press the mute button on the headset, it still sends white noise through xbox live.  and it is only the controller, not the headset. My other controller works just fine with my headsets.

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2009, 05:33:51 AM »
that is a first.. and all your headsets do this? have you modified this controller? when rapid fire chips are added, they usually pull there power from the mic's power supply, this could be causing a problem. other than that. IDK...wireless are alot better. if kept charged and taken care of they last longer, better mics, and better sound. not to mention, they dont make you look goofy with that big thing on your head. LOL

Offline tsantsa

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2009, 08:04:08 AM »
that is a first.. and all your headsets do this? have you modified this controller? when rapid fire chips are added, they usually pull there power from the mic's power supply, this could be causing a problem. other than that. IDK...wireless are alot better. if kept charged and taken care of they last longer, better mics, and better sound. not to mention, they dont make you look goofy with that big thing on your head. LOL

Well I don't have any munnys for a wireless headset so that option is out!

The controller in NOT modded in anyway. It just doesn't function correctly with chat with any wired headset.  I suspect that a wireless one would have the same problem.  Another thing is that it only happens when I plug in the headset.  I just wanted to clarify that.

I don't know what kind of controller this one is (matrix or the other one) but its a black controller about 6 months old.  I have thought about just buying a new one and returning the crappy one in the packaging, but the stores have gotten really strict with those types of returns.  I tried calling MS but they said controllers arent covered under warranty or soemthing like that.

Could the mic be drawing TOO much power somehow causing it to remain open?  If so, add a rapid fire would pull the power and make it function correctly?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal