Author Topic: Important Issue I need to get help with  (Read 3016 times)

Offline PhenomenalDesigns

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
Important Issue I need to get help with
« on: March 30, 2009, 04:07:35 PM »
I dont know who to ask, ive been trying to stay happy as if everything was all right, but its getting harder and harder, and now i just got to let it out.

A few days ago I was at a photoshoot (Long story), they asked me to smile, but I couldnt do it, after 20 minutes of trying to forcing me to smile, I couldnt do it and ended up in a nervous breakdown, they had made me relialise how lame my life has been for the last few years... They kept saying "Think happy thoughts, Common, arnt you passionaite about anything". The last time I actually went out with friends was like last year in january, last time I did anything fun, few years ago. Im not passionate about anything, my art, the only thing I think I am good at (And many others say I aint... Which hurts me because I have nothing else), i havent designed anything in a while, everytime I open up photoshop, i give up (I have been forced to do work in school, like the KNIVES thing, but apparently, it sucked... and took me a week to do).

Other than that, what do I have? So maybe im spoilt a bit, but Ive earned everything myself, my family is actually poor, but ive made our family look rich in the eyes of other people

I managed to get from a player, and ruined my life in 15 seconds...

I regrete it

I dont know what to do anymore, I dont want to run away, dont want to commit suicide, dont care about being beaten up, dont want to be humiliated and I dont want to make things worse

Nobody at school hangs around with me anymore, not even the nerdiest nerds...

This is a serious topic guys, i dont know who to talk to, im uncomforatble talking about this with my parents. Ive had enough of this now, its been like 2 years and i just feel like im gonna explode

Hoi! Pinoy ako!

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
Re: Important Issue I need to get help with
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 05:22:38 PM »
But I love you Phenomenal :[

Offline treemty

• l,,l METAL l,,l
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Will mod for food
    • the1337group.com
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 06:07:04 PM »
talk with your online buddies :D lol,
nah but seriously, try to meet some new friends at school, you know participate in after school activities and what have you, and I find that you will find a lot of new friends, I felt like this all year, a few days ago I relised I havent gone to a friends house for like, 5 months because I am hooked to my comp

Offline alentris

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Bleep-Bloop.
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2009, 06:31:18 PM »
dude, i have a class in my school of 36 kids. Most people (including me) have only a little "posse" of 3-4 friends, and I'm perfectly satisfied. Try joining some extra-curriculars, and get talking with people, and soon enough you'll have a best bud :D . Also, it can be a major picker-upper to try talking to the ladies. ;)

I managed to get from a player, and ruined my life in 15 seconds...
i'm tired and dense... What do you mean by that??
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 06:32:49 PM by alentris »

Thanks to HiddenVenom for the sig!

Offline DarkShot

• I approve your mom
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • ÜBERRAPESKILLETS
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2009, 07:18:34 PM »
Carry yourself proudly. Don't let what others think get to you.

There are people who are straight up fliptards who want to get under your skin.

Go out, try to meet people. Become friends with one person and you'll have gotten the ball rollin'.

And trust me, I know what your talking about. To a good extent, I do.

Offline ImTheConfickerWorm

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2009, 07:34:57 PM »
Wow How Is That Possible Being So Lonley But Yeah Anyways What Did You Do To Screw Up Or Just People Don't Like You Specify Better

Offline MARIOPARTY53

• I DONT FAIL
  • BANNED
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pc Gaming Rules
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2009, 07:48:00 PM »
prove to dose bit chs that your the pimpest kid ever, get some gages, lift some weights,  burn money in front ta people, and listen to your  lil wayne music at full blast...Or, join some activtys, like some sports, art, etc
However today I was brutally raped by a door handle, and none of my friends helped me up off the floor after ten minutes, instead they all teabaged me, all 10 of them...

Offline Slim Hacker

• Mr PS3
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2009, 07:50:42 PM »
I feel the exact same way
Im depressed 24/7 ive been depressed for more than a year
I have 1 freind and he doesnt really hang out with me :[
I feel like running away but....
long story short
I feel like the same way
I just deal with it :[
Im trying to get thru it but IDK

Quote from: Jumbo
I herd you like stealing quotes ey?

Offline H-Sauce

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Music Producer
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2009, 11:22:16 PM »
Ohen,  Just try to hang around with the girls more. You become mates with one of 'em, then you'll be mates with most of them. There was one point where I had like 3-4 mates (and consindering we usually hang around in like groups of 20...)x And a while back I was feeling really depressed so a couple of my mates went off talking to the whole your going "do you like Josh?". And only one person said no. More people probably like you than you think. So just try and show confidence. If they see you as being all sad and depressed, then they won't want to hang around with you. Even if you feel depressed, hide it when your with your mates. Save it for at home. And channel it! Use that depression for inspiration in your art. That should take a load  off of your shoulders.

Peace.

Josh.

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2009, 11:33:45 PM »
Im pretty sure alot of people feels like they have a bit of a crap deal in life, but you just got to move on and get on with things. I know for a fact feeling sorry for yourself doesn't help one bit.
Ohen,  Just try to hang around with the girls more. You become mates with one of 'em, then you'll be mates with most of them

That is true.
Just leave everything else for a while and head back into life headstrong. It may seem hard to make some mates if you are shy ect. But do what mario said, join a sport or a particular group in your school and you will get to know some people. Keep going man, depression sucks but you can work through it.

GhoSt
|Variegation - GhoSt's Final Controller|

|Nothing is deterministic.|

Offline PhenomenalDesigns

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2009, 11:39:39 AM »
But I love you Phenomenal :[
Internet modding forum relationships ftw

talk with your online buddies :D lol,
nah but seriously, try to meet some new friends at school, you know participate in after school activities and what have you, and I find that you will find a lot of new friends, I felt like this all year, a few days ago I relised I havent gone to a friends house for like, 5 months because I am hooked to my comp
Everybody at school knows me, just that nobody really likes me, ive tried talking to people, they just act like they care (If they are nice people) then they leave, without answering, im going to afterschool clubs at the moment, electronics, I go to that mainly because I can make jewels and pcbs there, but nobody else goes there, maybe a few year 11s a few times, then there art, theres loads of year 11s but im in year 10, the only year 10 there, all the other activities are rubbish, like singing... singing isnt rubbish, its just that I would never have the guts to sing infront of everybody, then theres PE clubs, I did the boxing but they kicked me out because im too violent... seriously... its boxing... comon, and footie, i suck at it majorly

Im okay at boxing mainly because thats where I let my anger out, i admit i have anger issues, and boxing is where I let out all my emotions with my fists, if it wernt for that, id also suck majorly at it

dude, i have a class in my school of 36 kids. Most people (including me) have only a little "posse" of 3-4 friends, and I'm perfectly satisfied. Try joining some extra-curriculars, and get talking with people, and soon enough you'll have a best bud :D . Also, it can be a major picker-upper to try talking to the ladies. ;)
i'm tired and dense... What do you mean by that??
I used to be in a 'posse' of like 15 but I sorta got 'kicked out'... Ive been looking for a new best friend, but nobody really wants to be hanging around the "Nerdy violent loner kid", and its almost impossible to talk to any girls, since my school joined with a boys school, so now there is like 3 girls in a class of 30, and usually, they all have boyfriends....

And about the player thing, i used to be really popular, like REALLY popular, i had girlfriends because of it! somehow? but just by saying one thing I pretty much ruined everything
Carry yourself proudly. Don't let what others think get to you.

There are people who are straight up fliptards who want to get under your skin.

Go out, try to meet people. Become friends with one person and you'll have gotten the ball rollin'.

And trust me, I know what your talking about. To a good extent, I do.
Ive been ignoring it for like a year and half now, its just getting worse and worse, now the teachers sort of accept it...

And its hard to meet people my age in my area, like 99% of kids my age are out doing drugs and/or causing trouble, I dont want that

Wow How Is That Possible Being So Lonley But Yeah Anyways What Did You Do To Screw Up Or Just People Don't Like You Specify Better
Both, i screwed up badly and now people stereotype me
prove to dose bit chs that your the pimpest kid ever, get some gages, lift some weights,  burn money in front ta people, and listen to your  lil wayne music at full blast...Or, join some activtys, like some sports, art, etc

I do work out quite alot, and growing strong arm muscles and chest :D

But... burning money, isnt that illegal? and lil wayne pisses me off with his retarded voice "Money babeee...." With guy that sounds like he has no throat

And im already doing art, but got kicked out of a sports one
I feel the exact same way
Im depressed 24/7 ive been depressed for more than a year
I have 1 freind and he doesnt really hang out with me :[
I feel like running away but....
long story short
I feel like the same way
I just deal with it :[
Im trying to get thru it but IDK
Ive been trying to ignore it for a while, but ive had enough of it, i dont want to live as the kid who is a loner, i want to be "That sick graphic designer" or something close

Ohen,  Just try to hang around with the girls more. You become mates with one of 'em, then you'll be mates with most of them. There was one point where I had like 3-4 mates (and consindering we usually hang around in like groups of 20...)x And a while back I was feeling really depressed so a couple of my mates went off talking to the whole your going "do you like Josh?". And only one person said no. More people probably like you than you think. So just try and show confidence. If they see you as being all sad and depressed, then they won't want to hang around with you. Even if you feel depressed, hide it when your with your mates. Save it for at home. And channel it! Use that depression for inspiration in your art. That should take a load  off of your shoulders.

Peace.

Josh.
I tried my best today at school, i approched a girl, shes really nice, shes beautiful, but not a slut... smart, and kind, she actually spoke to me back... Although i think i have no chance

I always hide my depression/anger but... I dont know? It certainly doesnt make anything worse but i cant hold it in anymore, its been just building up for like a year

Hoi! Pinoy ako!

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2009, 01:18:14 PM »
I tend to notice a lot of this sort of thing around here, I dont think it really has anything to do with being a geek or not talking to girls, it has to do with being a teenager.  I can remember when I was a teen and having the exact same thoughts, your almost full grown and can do a lot of things on your own, yet you still have very little purpose in life other then going to school, eating, sleeping, and hanging out with your friends.  I thought I had no friends either, however that is rarely the case, you have friends you just dont know it(as did I).  It is hard to tell if you have friends when ur depressed, because you isolate yourself, noone sees someone who is obviously depressed and says to themselves "hey I should hang out with him."

What it comes down to is self image. I know it is easier said then done, but if you are not happy with yourself then the rest of life will follow suite.  Keep your head up high, act like your the shiznit, be friendly and polite, dont let people tread on you.  Have a conversation with a complete stranger for no reason, if you make their day brighter yours will brighten as well.  Random acts of kindness and being humanitarian will also make you feel good about who you are. And remember your true friends will always be your friends, sometimes it is difficult figuring out who your true friends are, but that is part of growing up.  You dont have to be the best or even good at anything to be happy, but you do need something to be passionate about.(smoking dope does not count :cool:)

And "hello my name is...." is far and above the best way to meet a girl.  Treat girls as people and get to know them just like anyone else, how do you know you like them if you dont know them (aside from the obvious lust for the female form:)

While writing this it is obvious to me that I will not be able to touch on everything that I learned whilst growing up, but I can tell you guys this: no matter how dire things seem right now, you will look back at this time and wonder to yourself what it was that made you sad and depressed.  You will look back and see that you indeed do have friends and no-one had the image of you that you had in your head. Which I guess brings us back to self image and its effect on your life.

And remember everyone: depression is a sickness, it is not something that should be ignored or else you may convince yourself to do something that is not you.  I dont think that going to a shrink and getting pescribed some valum is going to help either, most of the time just discussing you issues with anyone at all helps you get a correct perspective on things, like what is happening in this thread :winker:

Offline alentris

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Bleep-Bloop.
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2009, 01:38:34 PM »
And im already doing art, but got kicked out of a sports oneIve been trying to ignore it for a while, but ive had enough of it, i dont want to live as the kid who is a loner, i want to be "That sick graphic designer" or something close
I tried my best today at school, i approched a girl, shes really nice, shes beautiful, but not a slut... smart, and kind, she actually spoke to me back... Although i think i have no chance
dude, like 2 years ago i had the same thing there was this girl i really liked and when through the gossip chain i heard she didn't like me back, i just felt ruined and pissed but went on... This year, actually talking to her, (we're just friends now) I learned that she actually did like me and was too embarassed to say it out loud also... we both kinda felt stupid... :winker:

Thanks to HiddenVenom for the sig!

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2009, 02:01:44 PM »
like chives said, self image, self worth, and confidience in your self. say hello to everyone, anyone strangers. remember your life matters to you and nobody cares what tothers think of you. remember, if they dont like you, thats thier loss. find one new person every day say "hello how are you doing today?" if they say "fine thank you" smile and go on with your day. if they say fine how are you. tell them and them take the opertunity to introduce your self. then move on, you allways have more people to meet and greet, (you dont want to get stuck in that awkward place where you dont know enough about each other to know what to say) the more people you speak to the more chaces of finding someone you click with. 

remember YOU are the Shiznit, and thats all that matters

Offline robin1989

• Site Owner - Site Maintenance & development
  • Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2009, 04:49:55 PM »
when i was feeling like that and when i sometimes regress to feeling like that i tend to go out on a walk and look at the things around me especially people just watch them and see how they behave what they do and say - you can learn a lot about how people react etc just by watching them. also if you feel outcast among your current peers and group go find a totally different group of people. thats what i did and in doing so found a wealth of new friends 3 of which i will be sharing a house with next year

i am not responsible for what i do or my advice

Get the iPhone 4s from Three using Quidco and recieve £109 cashback

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal