Author Topic: Trouble loading game on sega emulator DGEN help  (Read 5913 times)

Offline ryan

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • someday ill mod porsches, for now, PSP's
Trouble loading game on sega emulator DGEN help
« on: March 28, 2009, 04:00:49 PM »
Hi I just got DGEN the sege emulator and every time i download a game and put in the psp,  i go to the game on DGEN and it says hit O to load game so i do.  Then almost to quick to see it flashes the name of the game and now loading but then nothing else.  On another site some guy said if games dont load on DGEN the try opening the bin files instead of the zip but im new and have no idea what that means.  So please remember im a noob and please help me cause I really wanna play some sonic.(lol)   Thanks,
                                        ryan aka crzywitboy3

Offline prettierwendead

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • You Are My Living Legend
Re: Trouble loading game on sega emulator DGEN help
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2009, 04:27:46 PM »
extract the zip file and put the files from inside it in your roms folder and use that instead

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2009, 04:34:42 PM »
Yea. You can use winrar or winzip to do so.

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

Offline ryan

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2009, 04:52:29 PM »
extract the zip file and put the files from inside it in your roms folder and use that instead
Well i tried that and when i put the extracted file in the roms file and go into DGEN to use it I dont have the option to load any more.  So is there another way to load it when its a file not a zip?

Offline ApheX

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • PSP And PSP Slim Case/Hardware Modder
    • ApheX MoDs
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2009, 07:02:07 PM »
Well i tried that and when i put the extracted file in the roms file and go into DGEN to use it I dont have the option to load any more.  So is there another way to load it when its a file not a zip?

If you have placed the extracted smd files in the roms folder then they should be there. make sure Dgen when started is veiwing the correct folder directory. you can change directory by selecting the ".." symbol or press left on the d-pad to go back and then select the right folder where the rom is.

Offline ryan

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2009, 08:46:15 PM »
If you have placed the extracted smd files in the roms folder then they should be there. make sure Dgen when started is veiwing the correct folder directory. you can change directory by selecting the ".." symbol or press left on the d-pad to go back and then select the right folder where the rom is.
Yeah I have no problem finding the Rom but like I said when I press O to load it, it just flashes that it is loading for like a second then nothing happens and i have tried several different games and it always does the same thing.  So anyone have any other suggestions or has anyone had this happen.  thanks,
                                                    ryan aka crzywitboy3

Offline ApheX

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
    • ApheX MoDs
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2009, 02:49:39 PM »
what version of Dgen are you running? i'm using 1.70 and it works fine for me. It could be that the roms are damaged. try getting another version of the games you want to play just to make sure.

Offline ryan

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2009, 02:58:24 PM »
what version of Dgen are you running? i'm using 1.70 and it works fine for me. It could be that the roms are damaged. try getting another version of the games you want to play just to make sure.
Im Using version 1.70 and i even tried using 1.60 but i couldnt even get it to run.  But on 1.70 i have tried many different games from different sites i mean ill go try some different ones but I dont think it is going to work.

Offline ApheX

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
    • ApheX MoDs
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2009, 04:43:05 PM »
Thats messed up. everything sounds like it's been setup correctly. i'm gonna look at my version and have a think about this.

-Edit-

Ok, got a few ideas. try downloading DGEN 1.70 Lite rather than 1.70.
I'm sure you have done this right, but did you put the DGEN folder in the Game directory or game5xx/150?

« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 04:47:41 PM by ApheX »

Offline ryan

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2009, 12:37:40 PM »
Thats messed up. everything sounds like it's been setup correctly. i'm gonna look at my version and have a think about this.

-Edit-

I'm sure you have done this right, but did you put the DGEN folder in the Game directory or game5xx/150?

-Edit-

I am using 1.70 Lite and its in the game folder.  By the way thanks for trying to help.  I am running 4.01 M33-2.  I just got this fat and thats what it had do u think i need to get a newer firmware?  Oh and I have the 1.50 kirnal i think cause I have a game and a game 1.50 folder.  Forgive me if anything i say sounds stupid or doesnt make sense cause im really new to the hacking side of psp modding.  thanks again,
                                                          ryan

Offline ApheX

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
    • ApheX MoDs
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2009, 02:07:26 AM »
Try updating the firmware to 5.00m33-6. If this is a fat (Ya should of posted this on the 1000 section, but no biggy) check to see if the psp is on the 1.50 kernal mode. If thats the case then it could be causing the problem. DGEN 1.70 lite was made to run in kernal mode 3.xx and higher. So change it to 4.01 kernal (or 5.00 if you updated it) and try again.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 02:09:33 AM by ApheX »

Offline ryan

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2009, 12:37:59 PM »
Try updating the firmware to 5.00m33-6. If this is a fat (Ya should of posted this on the 1000 section, but no biggy) check to see if the psp is on the 1.50 kernal mode. If thats the case then it could be causing the problem. DGEN 1.70 lite was made to run in kernal mode 3.xx and higher. So change it to 4.01 kernal (or 5.00 if you updated it) and try again.
[/quote

Okay I will try that and yeah I just realized I should have been posting in the 1000 part.  Its just I have had a 2000 for about a year now so im so used to posting in here.  Then I just  recectly picked up this fat and wasnt thinking when I posted.  Thanks,
                                                                                               Ryan

Offline ryan

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2009, 12:39:11 PM »
Sorry about that I dont know why it quoted so many times.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal