Author Topic: Modded Phat prices?  (Read 2230 times)

Offline thearkman2009

• Registered BST
  • E = MC²
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Designing Innovative Mods
    • SteelROMs
Modded Phat prices?
« on: April 05, 2009, 08:51:24 PM »
Just out of curiosity, I was wondering what people would pay for a modded Phat.  Its the one I own, so when I sell it, it leaves me with nothing.  lol  Here is the list of mods that will be final in it.

* Trigger, dpad, ABXY, home row, left analog, all LED lit in blue (clear buttons and clear analog)
* USB charge mod
* CR-3100 internalized
* 2x large spakers in UMD door
* clear custom window in UMD door with LEDs, to show off speakers and CR-3100
* LM386 Sound Reactive mod
* LM386 amp mod for back speakers
* WIFI activated LEDs
* POSSIBLE second analog, clear as well, LED lit also (debating doing that one)

Looking to get a fair amout for it, as I need a PSP to replace it, and the rest would go toward the next one to mod and sell.  I DO use my PSP a lot for MP3s in the car via my DVD player, so I would like to have one I can use.

Suggestions anyone?  How much should I sell it for when completed?

Offline ~:Dhruv:~

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • [quote author=Reaper link=topic=30647.msg227184#ms
    • Infectech
Re: Modded Phat prices?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 01:49:34 AM »
i'd say 350 minimum.... The sky is the limit after that :) lol
  you look like a carrot.
My nickname at school is carrot cake, because i can't get tan. I get orange. and my face is shaped like a carrot. And i make a mean carrot cake.

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 01:56:49 AM »
yea I recon 380 lowest, you can't even get full home bar lighting, plus analog sticks are a pain to light.
|Variegation - GhoSt's Final Controller|

|Nothing is deterministic.|

Offline gamerdude767

• Blogs & Media Member
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 02:12:10 AM »
i would say 360 max.. lit home buttons would be sick but it cant be done i dont think..

Quote from: H-Sauce
**Long Pause**........
Yup, thats better than balloons

Offline ApheX

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • PSP And PSP Slim Case/Hardware Modder
    • ApheX MoDs
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2009, 02:32:19 AM »
$350-$380 would be a good price. I don't think you can light up the home bar, there isn't any space to put the leds. and i wouldn't recommend having a CR-3100 Next to a set of speakers, it can mess up the memory cards (just happened to me), you could use a CR-5400 tho.

Offline ~:Dhruv:~

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • [quote author=Reaper link=topic=30647.msg227184#ms
    • Infectech
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2009, 03:29:17 AM »
Actually if u've read his earlier posts , he has lit up the home bar by placing the leds next to the buttons...... There was a nice big discussion on this but he has done it.....
  you look like a carrot.
My nickname at school is carrot cake, because i can't get tan. I get orange. and my face is shaped like a carrot. And i make a mean carrot cake.

Offline thearkman2009

• Registered BST
  • E = MC²
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Designing Innovative Mods
    • SteelROMs
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2009, 11:55:42 AM »
yes, I have actually got a few of them lit up.  It take a LONG time to get the solder and wires in as straight a line as possible to fit them where I did.  But they DO light up.

Yeah, I was wondering if the speakers would interfere with the memory cards for the CR-3100.  I was going to place the speakers below the CR-3100, so they are far from the actual memory cards as possible.  The speakers I have are not that big, and are less than 1/4 the UMD door area each.  I can always trim down the CR-3100s circuit board to remove any part of the board that does not have a needed trace on it, and jump traces if need be.

Remember, if I can get LEDs next to the home row bar, I can get the CR-3100 and two speakers into the UMD area.

I also just got my GPS unit, and it works!  I will be playing around with it, seeing how I am going to get it internalized.  I think it can be done, but will take more work than just breaking it apart, and glueing it to the UMD door.  lol

I promise guys, I will have pics and video up of how I did the home row lighting as soon as I get it installed and finalized.  It wont be the cleanest install, but I promise it will work 100%!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal