Author Topic: a question b4 i start  (Read 1244 times)

Offline Fayko

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
a question b4 i start
« on: April 20, 2009, 06:55:42 PM »
what can i do with a modded 360? And is it easy?
What type of box do i need?

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
Re: a question b4 i start
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 04:29:57 AM »
WOW thats a vauge question. you can mod your xbox in many ways, you can do cooling mods, lighting mods, visual mods such as paint, get creative.....oh wait you are looking for illigal stuff, like playing downloaded games and what not..there are chips out there you can add to the xbox, and flash tools to get it to play backups and illigal copies, but not here. this site dosnt condone the use of such mods. if you have any questions about leds, or something like that, please feel free to ask around.

this thread will stay open for ideas until another mention of lilegal activities are made, then it will be locked, so please discuss such things in private.

Offline Fayko

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 07:51:56 PM »
wtf? When did i ever say i wanted to pirate? I was basing my questions off of the psp. For the psp u need a certain psp to hack it. Ive never said anything of pirating I simply asked what fun things can i do with my xbox and whats the point of modding it. Jesus -.-

Offline Slim Hacker

• Mr PS3
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 10:28:38 PM »
Hes just saying that cause 99% of ppl who ask about modding ask about hacking it to play illegal copies.

Quote from: Jumbo
I herd you like stealing quotes ey?

Offline Max_Kreeger

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2009, 01:37:34 AM »
I find, the most satisfying mods are cooling mods...like adding extra fans...OH and lighting mods...you can never get tired of them :P

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2009, 05:10:05 AM »
fayko, no offence intended. I made that statment to try and detur people from recomending such mods. I never ment to accuse you of anything, I was trying to keep your post open. chances are if I had not said what I did, this thread would be closed already. I am very sorry, it was not ment the way you took it.

like max said, cooling mods give you that warm fuzzy feeling, that you have prevented the RROD.  lighting mods look so cool in a cut in window. some of the other guys are working on a red bull theamed xbox, painted to the red bull logo, and letters cut out and back lit. I have heard of people adding a 300gig  laptop hard drive, and I have seen ben heck mak the 360 into a portable laptop!!! the sky is the limit for hardware mods.

as for software, I have heard of an xbox running linux, and such, but never seen it done

Offline Fayko

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2009, 05:43:29 AM »
How do yall know what to do .lol (sorry to sound noobish) im doing a rxyb buttong mod for a matrix 360 wireless troller and i messed up soldering (i think) How do yall get around the worries of messing up

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2009, 09:00:29 AM »
you dont. LOL the more you do the more confidence you will have in yourself. the more you screw up, and believe me I screwed up alot of stuff, the more you know how to fix.
something, that helps me is, every time I take another step I test the product. solder a conection, test the conection, move on to the next step. the worst thing is to do a complicated mod with multipul things that can go wrong and it not work, then you have to find out which step got messed up.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal