Author Topic: Broken DS lite touch screen and top screen help  (Read 5098 times)

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
Broken DS lite touch screen and top screen help
« on: June 02, 2009, 03:17:00 PM »
Hey guys a friend of mine asked me to fix his DS after the top screen randomly died out. It is lit, and not cracked, but nothing shows up anymore. Also, while i was trying to find the problem, I broke off one of the little connector tabs. It's the smallest one so I think it's the touch screen. I electrical taped it, but still doesn't work. Anybody know how I should fix the touch screen connector? That's my main concern right now, although it'd also be nice to know what's wrong with the top screen. I reinserted it and still nothing. Maybe the screen's cable is damaged?

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
Re: Broken DS lite touch screen and top screen help
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, 01:48:22 PM »
Your top screen's cable is probably bent or broken try again though if it looks good.  A lot of top screens get that way becuase of the way to have to put it in the case.

As for the touch screen you can solder it but it's hard and the ribbon cable tends to melt.  I have heard it's possible to solder to those kinds of cables but I have never tried.

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 05:56:57 PM »
Well I retaped the touch screen so that's okay. The screen looked fine and it still didn't work so I put it all back together and told the guy that he'll probably need a new screen - he said screw it so i didn't try again. I might be able to buy it off him and if I do, then I'll try again. If it still doesn't work I'll buy a new one and hopefully it'll work.

Thanks for the help :)

Offline W-Gaming5

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2009, 06:09:35 PM »
 :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 08:30:13 AM by W-Gaming5 »
:censored:

Offline psp339

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 05:40:49 PM »
I am replacing a DS Lite shell right now and I accidentally broke off the tab on the small touch screen connector too. How can I fix it with electric tape? This DS isn't mine so I need to fix it ASAP.

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2009, 08:02:01 PM »
I just pushed the connector in as well as i could, put electrical tape over it, and pushed it down well to make sure that it's putting pressure on the connector. Make sure you don't push too hard and break your connector though...

But yeah if I can get that DS Lite off my friend I'll probably buy a new screen.

Offline psp339

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2009, 09:13:49 PM »
I fixed it without electric tape. I used hot glue to keep it in place and now it works fine. I was installing a clear shell for my friend and it looks great.

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2009, 03:06:16 PM »
Sweet. Yeah that works too. I've heard people using super glue for a more permenant hold.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal