Author Topic: Opensource Code Pcb Designing  (Read 2840 times)

Offline crazy-modder

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +34/-2
Opensource Code Pcb Designing
« on: February 11, 2011, 08:11:42 PM »
Well guys, i had a little spare time on my hands today and decided i was gonna make some micro pcb designs for our opensource codes. This is a VERY small chip as you can see. It is made for tops fader code. I added a regular power supply point that that is used for 5v or lower and also added a spot for a resistor if you decide to run more than 5v. I also added 4 solder points for pins 5,6,7 of the 12f683 chip so you can wire multiple leds in parallel without having a huge glob of solder on the pins. This is cv.01 and i decide to make updates as i get better with this new program i have.

THESE DESIGNS ARE FOR HOMEMADE PRINTING (using a laser jet etc.) Tutorial coming soon, once i get a laserjet lol.

This chip is about the size of a dime and can be placed in the smallest of spaces. Give me ideas on other pcb designs you would like to see. I am also open to suggestions (take it easy on me since im still getting used to this program.

Updated

« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 08:39:47 PM by crazy-modder »

Offline bdogpot

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: Opensource Code Pcb Designing
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 08:24:16 PM »
Up on the top left hand corner wouldnt you need another vias or pad under the arrow with a trace connected to the point that the resistor leads to. so that way the resitor dosnt just lead to know where.

Offline crazy-modder

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +34/-2
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2011, 08:30:04 PM »
lol, it doesn't lead to nowhere. The other end of the resistor is where you connect your power to. The green circle is where the hole would be drilled.

Modified post: Ahh yes, i do see what you are saying. I will have to add a small trace to another pad to correct that. Thank you for pointing that out.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 08:35:27 PM by crazy-modder »

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2011, 08:39:57 PM »
He means you should have a seperate pad to solder to instead of having to solder to the leg of the resistor.

PS: Using a resistor to 'drop' your voltage is a bad idea.

PSS: If your going to provide LED solder points, it would have been nice to have the resistor for them on the PCB. Now you have to free-form solder the resistor and ground for each LED. If you do the 4 pads on the ground like you did for the LED that should help.

Its still good work though. Keep going and find harder circuits to keep getting used to it.
[Quote from Gamermodz via Viking forums]
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

Offline crazy-modder

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +34/-2
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2011, 08:44:07 PM »
Thanks for the help hazer. I will redesign this tomorrow, its always good to get helpful suggestions :tup:

Offline FOOKz™

• Hardware Modder
  • Research & Development
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +37/-2
  • Electronics Expert Electrical Engineer
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2011, 08:16:28 PM »
Hey since you're doing this tutorial on how to design PCBs i will hurry up and the video demonstration this week on how to etch PCBs using toner transfer paper. We can link tutorials together.

(I still prefer toner copiers for it's thicker ink coating)

Follow my Instagram and subscribe to my YouTube

Offline bdogpot

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2011, 08:38:56 PM »
I just wanted to let you know i wasnt trying to be mean with what I said, just tryin to help. What program are you using, I just tried my drawing my first one last week. Eagle cad was what I used, seems like an ok program. Do you know of any better open sourse drawing programs like eagle cad? lookiing to find  one that really  suits they way I want to draw them.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 08:39:36 PM by bdogpot »

Offline crazy-modder

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +34/-2
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2011, 09:12:42 PM »
Hey bdog, no offense taken. Im glad you pointed that out, i cant believe i missed that lol. I also use EAGLE, its an amazing program so far.

@FOOKS That sounds great bro, it would save me tons of time and i dont have the cash right now to go buy a laser jet lol. I dont plan on making a tutorial on using EAGLE since I myself am still new to this program. What i had planned was to make requested pcb designs and designs for the opensource codes. There is also a way to do this with an inkjet, but you have to go buy some kind of 3m clear paper. But as you said, i recommend toner. :tup:

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2011, 05:15:03 AM »
Eagle is a great free program. Remember that most programs like this cost over $10K so a free one that has enough functionality to order boards is amazing. Its not like there are tons of other programs to chose from.

If you cannot afford a laser printer (they are <$40 now a days) you can always print on inkjet and then copy that print-out on a copier to get the toner on the sheets. You can have staples or other places do that for you for less than a buck on a high-end copier.

Oh, a good tutorial for Eagle:

Eagle Pcb Layout Tutorial 010709
[Quote from Gamermodz via Viking forums]
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
  • Research and Development
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2011, 11:19:07 AM »
got something a little more complex you can try if you want (schematic attached)

its for the transistor tester we are trying to build, i know the schematic is correct but all of my pcbs have failed, i have been using expresspcb, im trying to move on to eagle but its slow.

and if you post it up here i'll even build it and test it in real life ;)

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2011, 06:02:40 AM »
heres a tut some joker wrote for eagle quite a few years ago... probly not very up to date but was a first page hit on google until all the big shot universitys jumped on the bandwagon.  LOL

http://web.vtc.edu/elm/projects/2005-2006/FireFightingRobot/EagleStuff/EagleTutorial.pdf

I am using DipTrace now, which also has a free trial and is as cheap as eagle (if you buy it).  I used OrCad for several years and as a $10k program I always felt like it was an unfinished product that continually made you want smoother user interface, and less convuluted methods for trivial things like paneling designs.  The one program that made OrCad work and work well was GerbTool, without it OrCad was a 90% solution to PCB manufacture.

I recently went with DipTrace over Eagle because their user interface features are so intuitive that it was the fastest program for an experienced designer to get up and running on, and for $500 I felt like it was a better bang for the buck then the rest.  However on a hobby level I think that Eagle has the edge because they offer freeware and diptrace only offers a trial version.   I suspect DipTrace will become more popular as they continually improve the software and catch up to Eagle in user volume, just as a gut reaction to my user experience with both.

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2011, 06:21:13 AM »
the joker that wrote that paper is some piece of work huh?

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2011, 07:09:00 AM »
yeah I wrote it in the last couple of weeks in my last semester of college... not the biggest effort ever put into a tutorial, but I remember it coming out better then I thought it would.... could probably find the "companion file" for it.  LOL that was kindof of copout move hehehehe.

Offline FOOKz™

• Hardware Modder
  • Research & Development
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +37/-2
  • Electronics Expert Electrical Engineer
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2011, 12:51:19 PM »
The actual process of designing the PCB on any CAD program you want. Then this tut is gonna go through how to print, etch, clean, drill and then solder the board.

going to the library now. BRB.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 07:49:48 PM by FOOKz »

Follow my Instagram and subscribe to my YouTube

Offline goldencircuits

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-3
  • Acidmods User
PCB Fabrication
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2011, 07:20:07 PM »
Hi Everyone, We are PCB manufacturer from China provide PCB/MCPCB/FPC with competitive price and good quality. If you need to make PCBs, please send details for quotation.

I hope this is useful message for you.

Thanks.

Alex
sales01@goldencircuits.com
www.goldencircuits.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal