Author Topic: URGENT HELP NEEDED !!!  (Read 1937 times)

Offline ~:Dhruv:~

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • [quote author=Reaper link=topic=30647.msg227184#ms
    • Infectech
URGENT HELP NEEDED !!!
« on: May 22, 2009, 09:49:03 PM »
Guys, i am so confused... i gotta choose my stream for college....i have to choose between computer science / IT / Electronics

I am mostly interested in Computers but i would like your opinion on it.... it would be awesome if some of the older members could give some advice based on their experiences in the industry. Please i need your urgent help ! 

:help:  :help:  :help:
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 08:10:53 AM by dhruvrock2000 »
  you look like a carrot.
My nickname at school is carrot cake, because i can't get tan. I get orange. and my face is shaped like a carrot. And i make a mean carrot cake.

Offline alentris

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Bleep-Bloop.
Re: URGENT HELP NEEDED !!!
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2009, 07:41:04 AM »
Guys, i am so confused... i gotta choose my stream for college....i have to choose between computer science / IT / Electronics

I am mostly interested in Computers but i would like your opinion on it.... If some of the older members could give some advice base on their experience in the industry. Please i need your urgent help ! 

:help:  :help:  :help:
I'm no expert, and I'm in another country, but I would believe that the best opportunities for a career would lie in Computer Science :D

Thanks to HiddenVenom for the sig!

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Infectech
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2009, 08:09:22 AM »
thanks.... country doesnt really matter coz i plan to do M.Tech (Masters) after this n i plan to come to the US for that....

Anyone else ??? Help me out guyz :help:  :help:  :help:
  you look like a carrot.
My nickname at school is carrot cake, because i can't get tan. I get orange. and my face is shaped like a carrot. And i make a mean carrot cake.

Offline H-Sauce

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Music Producer
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2009, 09:02:33 AM »
It all depends on two things. What you are more capable of doing  and what you would personally prefer.

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2009, 09:45:44 AM »
And how much money you really wanna make... I mean, if you want to have fun at a job, and don't care about making hundreds of thousands of dollars, and all you want is enough for you to survive plus a little dispensable income, then by all means choose the job you like. Otherwise, if you really want loads of money, choose the one you believe will be most capable of making you lots of cash. But then y ou gotta also factor in what frostbyte said: what are you better at?

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

Offline MARIOPARTY53

• I DONT FAIL
  • BANNED
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pc Gaming Rules
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2009, 11:39:46 PM »
another thing to keep in mind that computer technolgy can get outdated when your learning in collage
However today I was brutally raped by a door handle, and none of my friends helped me up off the floor after ten minutes, instead they all teabaged me, all 10 of them...

Offline atomicareprise

• Registered BST
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • FILIPINO SINCE BIRTH
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2009, 01:41:11 AM »
the best career to choose is the one that interests you dude!

if you really like your course then you'll enjoy it for sure....

time flies when you're having fun!

the next thing you'll know is that you are a graduate

and soon be a professional :hifive:
viperfan91 (phat), thaq93 (psp phat parts)
pinoyballa  (2 phats ), tri-edge (slim)
Awilliams357- to be shipped

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Infectech
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2009, 04:09:33 AM »
@ Justin- I wanna make money :D thing is, i love computers but dont really know the diff between Comp Sc. and IT.

@ Frostbyte- I'm good at computers but the education system is a lil different here so we dont really have much exposure to electronice and computers as such, all the stuff i know is self learnt.

@ Atomic- Dude, i've narrowed it down to these three from over 15 choices. these are the ones which interest me. i wish i could do all three :D

@ MarioParty- I plan to get certification in .Net , Java , etc to keep myself ahead of the pack...

So basically lets narrow it down, and now the question is :
What is more relevant : Comp Sc. or Information Technology.
I do want to pursue something like product/UI designing after B.Tech so help me out......
  you look like a carrot.

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2009, 06:53:21 AM »
i am biased but I can tell you what I would do if I could do it all again.  Personally I think electronics is the best place to start if you want to do product design or consumer level products.  From there I would do my masters in computer Sci because that is where you will be able to bring both worlds together, which is a hot commodity in manufacturing these days, which is where the biggest job market is.

But if your into computer apps and programming probably electronics would be a waste of time as you could end up not using it, or even worse not liking it.

I guess you should think about ultimately where you want to end up.  With electronics engineering you will be working on real tangible things with a real shop and real tools in addition to computer work.  With comp sci you may end up in front of computer for the rest of your career typing data base software or something lame like that.  not that there isnt cool things with comp sci, just that I have a lot of friends that went that route and it seems that the job is more of a paycheck then something they enjoy doing.

All in all you probably wont be making a bad desicion eitherway you go cuz its just an education, and ultimately you can do whatever you want when it comes rigth down do it. I know 2 people from working in the real world with graduate level history degrees that are working in cutting edge engineering fields as engineers :boxed:

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Infectech
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2009, 07:14:24 AM »
thanks man , this is what i was looking for. I can see my future in computers and so wanna go with it. I'll take electronics electives as for as possible in college to augment my interest in electronics.... Thanks again , much appreciated.   
  you look like a carrot.

Offline atomicareprise

• Registered BST
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • FILIPINO SINCE BIRTH
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2009, 08:30:05 AM »
nice to hear that you've finally decided which track you want to go..

good luck buddy
viperfan91 (phat), thaq93 (psp phat parts)
pinoyballa  (2 phats ), tri-edge (slim)
Awilliams357- to be shipped

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Infectech
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2009, 10:35:39 AM »
Thank You :)
  you look like a carrot.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal