Author Topic: quick question  (Read 1445 times)

Offline loco7

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Hail to the King Baby!
quick question
« on: May 24, 2009, 06:56:57 AM »
hay just have a quick question. i recently fixed a 360 that had 3ROD and did the x clamp mod for CPU & GPU that fixed the 3ROD but than had no video, adjusted tension on the GPU and still no difference. :angry: Figured no use on wasting good parts removed the screws and washers and put the x-clamps back on and for fun gave one last chance for fun than had video threw the r/b/g  connections but not the standard yellow video connection, audio cables work just fine. :boxed: my question is could it be the A/V cable or something internal. :dntknw: a buddy of mine said he thought that maybe it could be cause i have a HDTV and that maybe it since when i went to the setting option it only gave me 480P or higher resolution option but noting in non HD. I don't have it anymore but just still curious. thanks in advance for any info
Here's my 2 cents on a 3 cent conversation.

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
Re: quick question
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 07:29:49 AM »
I have no clue what you just said.

Want to...speak in english? What are you even asking?

Offline Ghost In Black

• Chaos Lover
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 08:48:35 AM »
It's probably not the a/v cable

Offline loco7

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Hail to the King Baby!
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2009, 12:03:28 PM »
I have no clue what you just said.

Want to...speak in english? What are you even asking?

If none of that made any sense than you may not be able to help :whoosh:

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2009, 03:34:35 PM »
LOL...

back on topic, so, you fixed the RROD, doing the clamp mod, now you only have high def video. it could be internal, but I would start with the AV cable. you know there is a switch on the cable near the base, when in HDTV mode the yellow is not active, if the system is on and you just flip the xbox sometimes freeksout and needs to be restarted. try that, turn it off, put it in normal mode, plug it in and turn it on. see what you get. if it still dont work, try and borrow a av cable, or buy one used at Game stop. 

you could check internally at the back AV chip near the terminal to see if something looks off, but it is hard to diagnose.

either way it is functioning for its last few months of life, enjoy as long as you can, put those washers and bolts back in. it is working becouse you added pressure to the CPU and GPU and reflowed the solder by over heating it. now by removing that added pressure, the onlything left holding it together is solder. besides we are only talking about a few bucks.

Offline loco7

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Hail to the King Baby!
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2009, 09:43:25 PM »
put those washers and bolts back in. it is working becouse you added pressure to the CPU and GPU and reflowed the solder by over heating it. now by removing that added pressure, the onlything left holding it together is solder. besides we are only talking about a few bucks.

DUH i don't even think of that... way to over think a simple thing  :rofl:.

i wouldn't mind but like i said i don't have it anymore. like i said just one of those lingering questions. hope who ever has it now at least gets there $$ worth. only reason i didn't put them back on is figures if it was working with the clamps back on and not with them gone as the old saying goes "if it ain't broke don't fix it" if for some reason it had the problem again i wouldn't mind fixing it for them. i played it for a couple hours after fixed and the next day turned it on and let it run for 3 hours and than later that day another hour and had no problems... other than the yellow A/V connection described before. but yeah i know the fix could last a day or month or even a year. just a mater of luck from what i hear
« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 09:49:19 PM by loco7 »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal