Author Topic: Razer mouse hack  (Read 11996 times)

Offline Ch4rL13

• R4z3R
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • R4z3R Gaming
Razer mouse hack
« on: December 28, 2009, 08:27:55 PM »
Hey guys, idk if any of you have a razer mouse, but some of them have that snake logo with a blue backlight that glows, do you think it would be possible to hack the mouse somehow or make some software to change the glow of the light, such as like a pulse or constant glow?

Offline pigoesfar

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: Razer mouse hack
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 08:44:40 PM »
Funny you should mention that...   :)
I have a Razer Lachesis and have had it for about...  sometime early this year. I think.  Anyway, I have actually thought about changing up the led in the Razer logo but then I thought...  I really like my expensive mouse.  I couldn't quite bear to crack it open LOL  :).

Offline Ch4rL13

• R4z3R
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • R4z3R Gaming
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2009, 09:10:32 PM »
Funny you should mention that...   :)
I have a Razer Lachesis and have had it for about...  sometime early this year. I think.  Anyway, I have actually thought about changing up the led in the Razer logo but then I thought...  I really like my expensive mouse.  I couldn't quite bear to crack it open LOL  :).

Lol i have the same mouse, got it yesterday ^.^
I thought about opening it too, but i dont wanna hurt it.
its an amazing mouse as it is, just be cooler with some special effects lol

Offline pigoesfar

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2009, 09:43:19 PM »
lol, i know what you mean.  Over the summer some friends of mine splurged and each bought a mamba.  (it's the new-ish wireless and wired lachesis take-off thing).  They rub it in my face constantly..  :)
Also, how much are they now?  I think I got mine for like $70 or $80...
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 09:44:03 PM by pigoesfar »

Offline Ch4rL13

• R4z3R
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • R4z3R Gaming
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2009, 10:26:04 PM »
i got my lachesis for 80 bucks, but the mamba is still 120, i wanted to get it but i figured thats alil to much for a mouse that basicly the same thing as the lachesis except can be wireless, you got to admit it comes in a nice case though, really though, your not ganna put it in a museum lol.

Btw, does ne one know how i would go about getting into the mouse? would it be through the software that comes with it or do I need to find some kind of file?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 10:29:26 PM by Ch4rL13 »

Offline pigoesfar

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2009, 03:09:55 PM »
If you are talking about opening it up there is at least one screw underneath the sticker (that I can feel) and I am assuming that there are several more underneath some or all of the little feet.  I just like the feet and don't want to wreck them.  Maybe there is also some glue in there too.  If I do get around to opening it up, then I will post a tut.

Offline blackburn

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Xbox 360 Enthusiast and JTAGer
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2009, 05:25:15 PM »
Well I don't have a Razor mouse, but I do have 2 logitech G5's which I swapped out all the LEDs. And I must say it looks damn good cause it now matches my G15 and my gaming rig in general. Best thing i ve done to my desk!

All Sigs Made by ME!

Offline DubbleDutch

• BlietZ Modding
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +3/-0

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2009, 05:20:17 AM »
i've got a razer mamba
and i've been thinking of swapping the leds in the scroll wheel to green (to match my keyboard etc..)
but then i thought i don't like killing my 130 euro mouse xD

To all of you crying about lag and kicks, remember… when Jesus died, took him 3 days to respawn. Now THAT is lag.

Offline aZiZ1

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2009, 07:57:21 AM »
Ive got the Razer Orochi for my macbook and the Razer Mamba for my desktop!

Offline SN!P3R

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-10
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2009, 11:11:35 AM »
There's a mamba for 96 USD on eBay
BEST 360 MODDING
HELP OUR ECONOMY!

360 MASHUP THREAD

Offline Ch4rL13

• R4z3R
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • R4z3R Gaming
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2009, 05:52:53 PM »
Lol I wanna know if you can change the mouse's leds using software, not the price of a mamba

Offline aZiZ1

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2009, 07:54:14 PM »
Lol I wanna know if you can change the mouse's leds using software, not the price of a mamba

if there aren't any multicolor LED's under there. I dont think u can. u can just disable and enable. The hard ware needs to be there for the software to use it. u cant just use SH*T out the blue if it isnt in there to begin with.

Offline Ch4rL13

• R4z3R
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • R4z3R Gaming
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2009, 02:14:46 AM »
Hey guys, idk if any of you have a razer mouse, but some of them have that snake logo with a blue backlight that glows, do you think it would be possible to hack the mouse somehow or make some software to change the glow of the light, such as like a pulse or constant glow?

Look, idc about hardware, I WANT THE SOFTWARE. Read what I said, a constant glow or pulse, not changing the colours of leds, i like the blue.

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2009, 06:26:37 AM »
if there aren't any multicolor LED's under there. I dont think u can. u can just disable and enable. The hard ware needs to be there for the software to use it. u cant just use SH*T out the blue if it isnt in there to begin with.
You don't need :censored:ing multicolor leds to pulse or fade. Are you that retarded? Help the guy out instead of being a dumbass spammer.

Offline aZiZ1

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2009, 06:41:58 AM »
You don't need :censored:ing multicolor leds to pulse or fade. Are you that retarded? Help the guy out instead of being a dumbass spammer.

well my bad, i just re-read the top. I wouldnt be surprised if u could somehow adapt the software for the deathadder or the lachesis to work with whatever u got.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 06:42:50 AM by aZiZ1 »

Offline pigoesfar

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2010, 03:59:10 PM »
IDK if you can just use software to do that.  Wouldn't be surprised if there was a simple hack to wire a jumper into the mouse somewhere to make it reactive to clicks or something.  If worst comes to worst you can maybe fit a PIC in there and wire it up with a fader code to the mouse.  I am really just speculating because I haven't actually seen the inner workings yet.

Offline Ch4rL13

• R4z3R
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • R4z3R Gaming
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2010, 08:06:18 PM »
To take the shell off the Lachesis, just remove the rear teflon foot and there is one screw then you can take it off.
I just took this pic with my webcam so its alil suckish but it works

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal