Author Topic: Replacement Parts Question  (Read 1522 times)

Offline noobpsphacker

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
Replacement Parts Question
« on: July 16, 2009, 01:47:31 PM »
Once I get my PSP back from 4dP I was going to put a new faceplate and buttons on my PSP. I would've been content with a black plate and white buttons I bought off coolmods.co.uk as well as a white joystick, but absolutely nothing fit. Except the joystick.

So I was wondering what faceplates and buttons are good quality (e.g. Camy facepltes, XCM faceplates and buttons, etc..). I've got PSP-1000 btw.

I was leaning more towards a clear XCM plate and buttons, so if anyone could provide me with a review of any buttons or plates, then please do.

~Thanks in advance

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
Re: Replacement Parts Question
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 02:40:31 PM »
Wait so you ordered some coolmods stuff and it didn't fit at all? Strange... That's what happened to me when I bought stuff from them. Anyway Dealextreme.com usually has some pretty decent stuff. I got a red case from them and it fits quite well :) I'm definitely satisfied with their stuff. It's not the highest of quality, but it's decent. Unless you have a psp3000, I don't think the clear XCM plate and buttons will fit.

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

Offline noobpsphacker

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2009, 04:55:26 AM »
Nice. Thanks. Before, I've always been told coolmods, but I'm not going with them again... By the way, do you happen to know if trim is easily replaceable? I found a blue 1000 shell that comes with blue trim and switches, and I figured it'd be pretty sick to add that onto what 4dP is doing to mine.

Offline W-Gaming5

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2009, 12:58:58 PM »
:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 01:40:12 AM by W-Gaming5 »
:censored:

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2009, 01:04:16 PM »
My trim works fine so idk. See, DX doesn't really have good quality control, so some things come out that really suck, but the majority of it is not bad at all. Their buttons DO suck, I've heard, but that's going to be the case with pretty much all 3rd party buttons. As for replacing the trim, they should be easily interchangeable. :tup:

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

Offline noobpsphacker

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2009, 03:51:20 PM »
Okay, so in short, the buttons suck. Period. I may be able to fix them, though maybe not. okay. Trim can be decent or suckish depending on the batch. I'd say my best bet would be buy a clear faceplate and a blue shell, take out the trim, attempt to fix the buttons.

Thanks guys, this'll help me a lot. ^_^

Offline blackburn

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Xbox 360 Enthusiast and JTAGer
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2009, 04:48:14 PM »
yeah, I can say my word that DealExtreme buttons suck ass. They are easily fixable by cutting out 4 small pieces of CD case plastic and super gluing it to the bottom. Kinda ghetto but it works.  :cool:

All Sigs Made by ME!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal