Author Topic: New to the game  (Read 2269 times)

Offline OxEpicOwnagexO

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
New to the game
« on: July 28, 2009, 06:35:03 PM »
so im new to this rapid fire game, i just ordered a 8 pin pic chip off ebay for 6 buck shipped, did some research and now realize the pic chips are only like 40 cents each and just flashed with a code to do the rapid fire, i have researched left and right and want to make one but the diagram i found isnt too clear, heres link : http://tehparadox.com/forum/f41/xbox-360-rapidfire-tutorial-coolshrimp-399607/

my laptop does not have the rs232 thingy, i would rather make my own programmer for my laptop i could just plug into the usb. does anyone have a tutorial or link?

also, i downloaded winpic800, will this suffice for what im doing (simple 8 pin picchip for rapid fire for both style controllers)

btw, i didnt see a new member introduction thread, sorry if i missed it im Damon.

any and all help will be much appreciated

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
Re: New to the game
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 06:12:08 AM »
welcome to acidmods damon, the introduce yourself thread is under general discussion at the top of the home board, and these questions should be under the xbox360 board, but thats ok.  as far as building your own programmer, I am unsure of one that will work with a laptop. I know of a cheap one for a desktop with a serial port, but not a laptop.

the chips are actually about a $1.10ea. and you must calculate the time involved in ordering them, writing a program, programming the chip, and mailing it to you, you got the best deal I have ever seen!! winpic is a great program, i use it all the time. but you need to order a usb programmer. make sure to read all the documentation and make sure it programs through usb. there are some that are powered by usb and program through serialport. which will not work for a laptop.

look at the open source thread on the main page, there is some good info there

Offline OxEpicOwnagexO

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 02:51:16 PM »
thanks a lot matt!sorry i put this thread in the wrong spot. i got winpic800 like i said and have found a usb programmer, check me if im getting the right thing here it is:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270431791222

now that i read that it does say 5v supply voltage only, does that mean the usb only supplies voltage or what? im having trouble finding usb programmers :(

orrrrrr

would this one suffice for 12f683

http://cgi.ebay.com/PIC-PRO-USB-PIC-Programmer-for-Microchip_W0QQitemZ130318765602QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item1e579a8e22&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 02:53:08 PM by OxEpicOwnagexO »

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 03:02:58 PM »
the first one appears to be what you are looking for

Offline OxEpicOwnagexO

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 04:31:35 PM »
is the second one abetter deal since it comes with the software and a cable? i have plenty of cables here or i could just make one but what software should i use is winpic800 plenty good for hexing a rapid fire code?

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2009, 04:39:51 PM »
The second one is a cheap chinese made Pic programmer and i really dont recommend buying it for i know these things often have problems with breaking pic holders, lots of errors and not to mention the weeks it will take to get the thing lmao.

I did post this in your other thread but ill do it again-
http://cgi.ebay.com/USB-PIC-programmer-for-Microchip-12F629-40pin-ZIF_W0QQitemZ120449015189QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_2?hash=item1c0b521d95&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14#ht_2257wt_1019
This thing is amazing :D

Offline OxEpicOwnagexO

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2009, 10:13:39 PM »
thats the one im going to buy, now ill just need a hex code lol

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal